Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are good street/strip tires for these cars. i need something thats good in all weather and looks cool.

also will drag radials create problems with the car? will they break things when i launch hard?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
cndctrdj said:
what are good street/strip tires for these cars.
how much do you want to spend and what size are your rims?

cndctrdj said:
i need something thats good in all weather and looks cool.
you shouldnt buy a certain brand/model tire just because it looks cool.

cndctrdj said:
also will drag radials create problems with the car? will they break things when i launch hard?
you're more likely to brake something with drag radials than with street tires.
i'm not saying it is or its not. it also depends how worn out are the parts on your car right now (axles, tranny, clutch...etc).
something has to give when you launch. if you put down some serious hp you should invest in some aftermarket axles and maybe beef up your tranny.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i did a bit of research on tires.... i thought i found a nice set of bfgoodrich kdw-2's

for 625 on stock 15 inch rims

but up the street at the rim shop they have a set of nice looking 17 inch konig's with nitto tires on them for 800

so i think im going with them
if no one seems to have a problem with nitto tires

and looks has alot to do with the whole tuner car thing.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
trust me you dont want tires that look cool.
you are not gonna look cool when you're gonna go off road because the tires were crap.

if they are nitto 450's (shittos) dont even bother. i've had them on my eclipse gsx and on my civic (crap...every car i bought came with nittos :mad )

i currently have some toyo proxes4 and love them. 100 times better than the shitty nittos.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had toyo proxies and they did nothing but spin and they didnt hold a corner worth crap

any time you can spin tire in 4th your tires are crap

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they were similar to that
i think mine were alot wider

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.