Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so I got some rims (Verde Kaos 18"), now I need tires (225/45 18)! I was gunning for the Neo Gens, but apparently, Nitto does not make them in the size I need them. Trying to find something similar without having to pay out the ass. Nitto 555's were the next step. Can anyone comment on these? Any suggestions? I'm trying to keep it economical, but hey, shit happens. any steals under $150 per tire? Lemme know.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
You'll never get anything decent, (maybe
even undecent :lol2), for $150 for 18 inch wheels :eek.
I want to see some pics! Why?! :noo The EVS 100's
are good, but wear too quickly, IMO. And they are close
to $300-$400, anyway. I just got these:http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Sport&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=05VR5GFSP&fromCompare1=yes&place=6, to replace
the Yokohamas on the Nissan, but even they're close
to $400, and that's for a 15 inch rim. 18 inches on an Accord: you're crazy :bash.
Post those pics, BTW!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
225/45-18???? OMFG....

are u nuts???
if you use 18" wheels you should not use tires with profile higher than 35... I would go with 225/30-18 if i was you.

225/45-18 are pick-up size tires :giggle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
WTF!

Here's the questions. :confused WHY are you saying not to go with 18's & 40-45? You two are the first people to knock it. Also, I don't want to ride on rubber bands. 40-45 is not bad.

I talked to a few heads who said 18's & 40-45 is fine. Even if I drop it there will still be some room.

Also, see my edit to the original post. I meant under 150 PER TIRE, not for the set. Around 400 for a set is fine, if not ideal. Any good performance tires fit the bill?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alight, I can live with that. nobody ever accused me of being sane! ;) I had just ordered them and thought there was something people had failed to mention that you guys were trying to point out to me. Shit's already ordered & didn't want to drop cash for not.

Definitely will post pics when I get em on and I get my digital camera fixed. Apparently they don't work well with salt water...

Thanks for the link too, by the way :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
You realize that with a rim and tire combo that big, your speed and tachometer are going to be way off right? You're gonna be off by almost 10%, meaning that when your speedo says you're going 75, you'll actually be doing 82-83. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
94PreludeJDM said:
You realize that with a rim and tire combo that big, your speed and tachometer are going to be way off right? You're gonna be off by almost 10%, meaning that when your speedo says you're going 75, you'll actually be doing 82-83. Just an FYI.
Interesting. I was wondering about that. How can I remedy that?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Danimal said:
Interesting. I was wondering about that. How can I remedy that?
By getting a 35 series tire like Buffalo recommneded. The idea is that you need to keep the outside radius of your tire the same as stock, so the bigger your rim, the smaller your tire should be. By getting a 35 series tire, your speed and tach will be exactly where it should be. The bigger you go from there, the farther off you'll be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts