Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to know which way to rotate tires. My car has a 1.6 drop w/out a camber and the inside of my front tires is getting prety bald and wanted to know if it is a good idea to rotate them before they get worse or wate untill they blow and buy new ones. thx

·
Registered
842 Posts
From the looks of the tires in your sig pic, I think the only way you will be able to rotate them is front to rear. You'll have to keep your left tires on your left side, and right tires on your right side since they're most likely directional.

If the far inside shoulder of the tire is worn, you can inflate them a little above factory specs so the bottoms will wear faster than the sides, although I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for a long period of time.

Why don't you get a camber kit? It seems like it'd be a wise investment to me.

*** If they're not directional tires, follow this rotation to help your wear pattern.

FL --> RR
FR --> RL
RL --> FL
RR --> FR

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah im gonna get a camber kit but it seems like everytime i get some money something happens and i need to pay for that instead, but hey thats life. how can i tell if there directional, the tire are ventus. thx for the info.

·
Registered
103 Posts
brady33 said:
From the looks of the tires in your sig pic, I think the only way you will be able to rotate them is front to rear. You'll have to keep your left tires on your left side, and right tires on your right side since they're most likely directional.

If the far inside shoulder of the tire is worn, you can inflate them a little above factory specs so the bottoms will wear faster than the sides, although I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for a long period of time.

Why don't you get a camber kit? It seems like it'd be a wise investment to me.

*** If they're not directional tires, follow this rotation to help your wear pattern.

FL --> RR
FR --> RL
RL --> FL
RR --> FR
You've got the right idea but for a rear wheel drive car. for radial tires, you move the drive wheels front-back and you cross rotate the non drive wheels.
So it's
RF->RR
LF->LR
RR->LF
LR->RF

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
blackouthx said:
need to know which way to rotate tires. My car has a 1.6 drop w/out a camber and the inside of my front tires is getting prety bald and wanted to know if it is a good idea to rotate them before they get worse or wate untill they blow and buy new ones. thx
if inside is balding, get an alignment, you have a toe problem.

·
Registered
103 Posts
blackouthx said:
If by w/o a camber you mean no camber kit, you might want to get one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.