Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are good brand name of tires? and how do u know if they are good? cause someone told me that the sidewalls should be strong because they aer lowpro so if they arent then u will mess the rims up easy.....ive found some good deals on wheels but it always has shitty tires in teh package.

·
Registered
949 Posts
kumho supras are nice and affordable...
bfgoodrich gforce kds are really really good... good treadwear and grip but i think they only make it for 16 up and they cost a bunch...
bridgestones potz are good too...

·
Registered
610 Posts
All of the tires should have strong enough sidewalls or else they wouldn't make them in that size. Buy a good name brand that was listed above and you should be just fine. I'll put my vote in for the Kumhos. They're cheap and very good. You just can't drive in snow.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where can i find khumos? in a package deal? how are toyo tires? will 18s fit my car and still be able to drive it daily? cause i want to be able to turn still without rubbing.....im not gonna lower it yet tho

·
Registered
610 Posts
Kumhos can be bought for $63 each at http://www.tirerack.com. I haven't heard good things about Toyo tires. I would not get 18's if I were you. 17's are probably the biggest you could get away with. 15's or 16's would be most practical. Remember, the bigger the wheel, the more they weigh. The more they weigh, the more your engine will have to work to spin them up, hurting performance. Unless you're willing to spend the money on lightweight forged wheels, I'd get a smaller size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.