Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the situation: I had a 95 del sol given to me that needed a clutch and had been sitting up for a year just to get rid of it so i went and got it. He looked for the title and couldn't find it. I know it is legit because he gave me his redrestration and stuff. Here is the problem... his ex wife now lives on the other side of the country and her name is on the title o so he cant file a lost title with out her and he said there is no hope of that happening. He is a lazy @ss and now won't help. Sooo now i have a tow bill, already put the clutch in and cant drive it. Any body got a shell in Tennessee with a title for cheap that i could change over?
Any idea's? The car is to nice to part out....i want to keep it...please help!!!!!

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
I don't think you need the old title, just a bill of sale
with his signature, right? At least here in Georgia. If
you have to, mail it to his wife with return postage
and get her to sign it, too. You'd probably have to get
her signature anyways, even with the title.

·
Registered
485 Posts
that sucks bro

when i bought my car the people i bought it from never actually owned the title and had drivin without insurance for 2 years. the guy that needed to sign the title over to me was in iraq aint that a bitch. luckily his wife drove from texas and was in town seein family so she signed it

·
Registered
256 Posts
Btung423 said:
hah unless the wife doesnt know that he sold it...
Exactly, In that case I would just have the guy sign for the ex and turn in the paper work. Usually she does not have to be present for a title transfer. You will have to have the title and bill of sale present to get your title though.

·
Registered
485 Posts
nice whip

pro that shit is clean nice ride

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Title issues straight up blow man. Before I got my S, I was going to get this 95 VTEC with 80K miles. It needed a new hood, front headlight, and front quarter panel. Only 2700. Great deal, especialally considering my uncle has an auto body shop so fixing it up would be cheap.

But then this whole situation arose. Apparently after he crashed, he wrote it off to the bank, but later decided he wanted to keep the car. The bank still had the title though, and I never got to talk to the guy face to face to talk about fixing the whole thing. So as sad as I was to pass up such an offer I had to ditch the idea of buying the car because the title wasnt clear.

I ended up settling for a 94 del Sol S, 112K for $3200. More miles, more $, not as fast, but I took it because I absolutely love this car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.