Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,077 Posts
I have a 01 AV6 sedan and I just bought some 03 TL-S rims and I'm wondering what size tires I should get. Any help you can give me would be great.
I got new rims for my car and with with 195/60R15General Tire Altimaxx HP's, they have descent traction, fairly long treadwear and they're lighter than most other tires out there.

Really it depends on what kind of driving you do, how much grip you want and/or fuel mileage. Wider tires offer better grip, but less acceleration (weight), Grippier tires also wear out faster.

With the rims(traklites) I got + the new tires compared to the old stock rims and falken ze 912's I saved 10 lbs per wheel. The car stops MUCH better, and accelerates with ease. Its not a lot faster, but it gets up to speed much easier.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
If you wanna know specifically the best size to go, heres a tire size calculator
Tire size calculator

· Registered
3,077 Posts
The only other thing you need to be aware about is the actual size of the tires: circumference/diameter. If this changes it will make your spedometer reading slightly off. Not noticeable around town so much but on the highway it can be off as much as 7 mph.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
7mph on teh wrong side could get you extra attention from the po po, so use that tire calc I posted to see if your speedo is gonna read to fast or too slow

· Registered
10,346 Posts
so, 62 when your speedo says 60? not bad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.