Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this really a good fit, and is it worth it ? Just wanted to know if alot of ppls are doing this mod?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Sway bars help every day driving just as much as track. Going in a straight line you won't notice them at all but the instant you hit a corner with them you LOVE the difference. Instead of getting sea sick from the body roll it just sticks the corner. I had them on my prelude, accord V6, and have a NASTY set of adjustable anti-sways on the rex. Dialed in perfectly, I have just a hint of oversteer, right when I get to the edge of traction the tail tries to come around, much better than the typical plowing through a corner stock understeer manufacturers use. This is better for evasive driving or just taking the offramp with a little more comfort, and you don't even noticve they are there for normal straight line driving.

If you have a 7th gen coupe the parts are:
20mm rear sway bar - part# 52300-SEP-A11 31.42
bushings for sway bar (need 2) - 52306-SEP-A11 1.43 ea
bracket for sway bar (need 2) - 52308-S3M-A00 .83 ea
you can order from here http://www.acuraparts247.com

The TL bar won't be as big of a benefit as going with a good aftermarket set but it will surely help.

I can dig up part #s if you have something other than a 7g coupe.

Reactions: hobie237

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats great i am going to order them today, i dont dont really thinnk that the aftermarket is only 22mm's bigger so i dont really think that the cost is really justified. Thanks very much for the info

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
The OD isn't as important as the overall wall thickness. I went with Comptech sways on my accord and they were the exact same OD as stock, but the wall was more than twice as thick for the front bar, and the rear bar was solid. Stock sways are still trying to keep the understeer for safety reasons. If you went with both front and back TL bars you'd end up with similar understeer, just less body roll since the bar was designed for a much heavier car. Since you're just going with the back bar, it will help reduce body roll and get you closer to neutral handling, but I'm willing to bet you'll still have slight understeer, although the overall handling will be improved.

Also, just for a side note, the pivot point also deems how effective the bars are, this might also be why the TL bar works pretty well on accords. Just by pulling a bolt and changing to a differenct hole on my sways I have now I can get anywhere from 135%, 145% or 185% stiffer than stock(185% is nuts, the ass comes around so fast it's scary :p)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so could i fill it in with something to make it solid? and would that help more?
just a dumb question.
but thanks illusion you've been alot of help.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Reactions: badinfluence
1 - 9 of 9 Posts