Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a sticking problem with their gauges? What i mean is that my needles sometimes stick and dont' move smoothly. Sometimes, i'll be goign at 40 and when i start slowing down, the needle will kinda just stay at 40 until i drop my speed a lot. My guess is that the lowest part of the needle is rubbing against the gauge. How did you Av6ers manage to get around this? Anyone have any suggestions?

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, but i tried both of those ideas. I even took the tape off, because the tape left the back of the gauge sticky. so it would stick onto the gauge cluster. But it still sticks. My rpm gauge and speedo gauge does this. It bugs cause if i see a cop, i need to know just how fast i'm going. I can't trust my gauges at this point. Do you guys know if reverse gauges are the same way? I'm guessing they are.

Further suggestions are appreciated.

· Registered
582 Posts
I got pissed and ripped them off..Nothing seems to work

· Registered
685 Posts
munkeysoup said:
There are two things you can do to fix it. First, try taking a fork and prying the needle up a bit and see if that helps. If that doesn't work, take a dremel and file down the underneath of the back part of the needle and then it won't stick for sure.:)
This is a tried and true method. I'd try this first guys. But don't use too much force! Or you'd have the needle flying out of your cluster!

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks to all who replied.

I'll try the fork method. Just one question. Does the needle come off easily? I don't want it to come off. I heard that if it comes off, then it's a hastle to get it back on at the original spot where the needle is supposed to be... and then the gauge reading is all wrong.

Thanks again!

· Registered
1,227 Posts
t218c said:
thanks to all who replied.

I'll try the fork method. Just one question. Does the needle come off easily? I don't want it to come off. I heard that if it comes off, then it's a hastle to get it back on at the original spot where the needle is supposed to be... and then the gauge reading is all wrong.

Thanks again!
I'm not sure how much force it takes to make it come off since mine never did. But when you try you'll see that you don't have to pry very hard to make the needle come up. And yes, it would be a major pain in the ass to get the needle calibrated correctly if it came off.

· Registered
2,085 Posts
munkeysoup said:
I'm not sure how much force it takes to make it come off since mine never did. But when you try you'll see that you don't have to pry very hard to make the needle come up. And yes, it would be a major pain in the ass to get the needle calibrated correctly if it came off.
it's weird for me though, cause my needle is actually able to but popped up easily, but it slowly slides down. So when u fork it, keep htat in mind, and go easy on it. Also, instead of using 3m double sided tape, u can try using double sided carpet tape. Those are really tough. And that's wshat I use

· Registered
309 Posts
you should never use the tape to do DOUBLE SIDED on the back of the gauge, that just make the gauge THICKER...just tape the edges making sure you dont tape over parts that light up...make little tiny tape pieces...

the first time you put your gauges on it will be stuck alittle from the bending to get the gauge under the needles WITH THE TAPE ON the EDGES...but just drive it a few days and it should be back to normal, because the bending would have settled...UNLESS YOU MADE Some serious bends...

· Registered
3,194 Posts
I forked too and no problems at all :)

there's no way I'd give them up :D

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HEY ILLUSION. IS THAT YOUR CAR IN THE PIC? i SAW YOUR WEB PAGE ON HOW TO DO THAT A LONG TIME AGO. i WAS GONNA DO IT, BUT IT SOUNDS REALLY COMPLICATING. i'M WASN'T EVER VERU GOOD AT PHYSICS OR ELECTRONIC STUFF. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU? IS THERE AN EASIER WAY? i REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LIKE IT!!!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGESTOINS, OR TIP. LET ME KNOW. THANKS!!!! DID YOU EVER THINK OF INSTALLING FOR OTHER PEOPLE FOR MONEY?

T218C.

PS. WHAT KIND OF REVERSE GAUGES ARE THOSE?

· Registered
222 Posts
is it possilble to have our speedometer illuminate a white colored output like lexuses? im not talkin bou da ricey ass indiglos, i want a nice clean luxurious look on my dash cuz im sick of da pale yellow output hondas give out...thanks

· Registered
2,085 Posts
JrZyHuStLa said:
is it possilble to have our speedometer illuminate a white colored output like lexuses? im not talkin bou da ricey ass indiglos, i want a nice clean luxurious look on my dash cuz im sick of da pale yellow output hondas give out...thanks
there are indiglo needles... but i don't know if it's worth the money and ur time to do it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.