Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am pretty good with wiring and cd players but i am not certified or anything and i have a little question. i recently installed a kenwood kvt 815 in my car. everything works fine but when i turn my car off all the memory stuff deletes and i have to recent everything when i turn it back on. i look in the troublshooting guide and it says the power wire wasnt going to the right place. does it mean the power wire from the box. or from the actual head unit?? and where do these wires go? one is red and one is yellow. thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Check your 12v constant connection. Therein lies your problem.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
that certification is over rated...

i'd check the fuses first, dont forget under the hood. it would help to know what car it is in rather than the model or brand of the radio.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Take the blue pill........did you use a harness to install or did you cut and splice the wires?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well first off its a 96 honda accord. and i had to wire it up all weird. i used a wire harness. but i wired it up all right. and it ididnt work. i had to connect the two yellows from the cd player and the black box to the reds from the cd player and the wire harness. so all those wires are connected. its not the 12v because it works fine. i just loos all my memory when i turn the car off

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
What black box are you talking about. If you used a harness then it shouldn't have been weird. Was the harnes for your car.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok cool. but i dont know how its suppose to be thats the problem. there is two yellow wires. one comes from the brain. and one from the actual head unit. im guessing one goes to the harness, but where does the other one go?? and which one?? ANYONE WHO HAS THIS HEAD UNIT( KENWOOD KVT series) if could help. thanks or anyone who knows a lot about in dash dvd players

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i just replaced the fuse and wired it to the orginal wiring and it works! i guess it just blew the first time i did it or soemthing but it works now so i dont really care what happened. thanks for all the help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts