Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 92 si w/ cai and exhaust[cat-back]. no a/c or ps and msg ignotion[i used to have a cam].
ok so this Q just came out of curiosity..
tonight on the way home from the gym this stock prelude, dont know if it was h22 or 23 it was dark, but i didnt hear any intake or exhaust. it- the driver, was actin like he/she wanted to race by "keeping up beside me", i was just chillin and there were cops out so so racey racey.., ok so anyways..
i was just wondering, what would it take as far as mods go to be as fast or keep up with a stock lude? lets say its the vtec version, which is the h23[?] i think im wrong.
im planning on getting 60mm tb, hi-flow cat and header[im going n/a]. then after that it will be thin head gasket and street cam with gear.
will those mods make me as fast or be able to keep up with a vtec lude or would i need turbo?
i have HEARD that a stock lude is not all that fast cause they are heavy, but thats just hearsay...ive never raced one, arent many around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,272 Posts
A 97+ stock Prelude?

Those things are Slow stock...doesnt take much at all.

I think they run like 15.5 or something.

With the mods you listed you should beat it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
lemme look up the 1/4 mile time on the prelude, H22 stock..... it is a H22, never made a H23 V tec... LOL....... well i cant find it, but if it is like a stock H22 accord then itll be like a low 15 high 14.... so to get u there u need some good mods. if u dont wanna do internals then get this stuff....
u have a E/I already and no P/S and no A/C so get:

CAT/DC 4-2-1 header/60mm TB/VAFC/and some dyno tunning.....

i realize u mentioned this but i wanted to agree with u so i listed them again...
if u get a cam the best one available is the ZEX/COMP 59300 cam and in combonation with the other mods and a set of valve springs u get awsome power...... so only thing i would add to ur list is a ZEX cam (stay away from the AEM cam gears, they slip) and i added a VAFC II also.......

P.S.- good luck taking out punk bitches, D series ownz JOO!!!!

also, it is all driver tecnique (sp*) whyen u read the dyno charts look where your torque curve peaks and launch like 200RPM lower than that, thatll keep the most traction and most torque going to the ground.... all driver skill, again good luck......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,174 Posts
gurusan said:
A 97+ stock Prelude?

Those things are Slow stock...doesnt take much at all.

I think they run like 15.5 or something.

With the mods you listed you should beat it.

I agree, If you have not even raced one, as I doubt that you didn't that night ;), you might be faster than one now!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I raced a prelude in my buddy's GSR and pulled on it for a little... before some truck pulled out in front of us. And since I run door to door with the GSR with I/H/E 8lb flywheel and stage 1 clutch... i say just run with the preludes. Even if you lose by a door you can tell the other guy... "you have a DOHC 2.2L, I have a 1.6 SOHC, and you almost lost. What a waste... should have bought a civic." Smile and then take off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
wheatfroggy17 said:
I raced a prelude in my buddy's GSR and pulled on it for a little... before some truck pulled out in front of us. And since I run door to door with the GSR with I/H/E 8lb flywheel and stage 1 clutch... i say just run with the preludes. Even if you lose by a door you can tell the other guy... "you have a DOHC 2.2L, I have a 1.6 SOHC, and you almost lost. What a waste... should have bought a civic." Smile and then take off.[/QUOTE

try running z28's gt stangs wrx's and 300z tt's in a stock crx si
its priceless when they just hang ...u'd expect to get ur doors blown off but doesnt happen :clap ( crx is good up to 130mph ) and u only bought the car for 1500.... non vtec =) and 250k miles on the engine leaking oil :w00t the crx is stock too :wow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,193 Posts
I can keep up with a H22 5 speed Lude with a CAI from a roll with no problem and I have a Y7 with CAI,4-2-1 DC header,custome 2 inch exhaust with no AC and no cat.

From a dig they pull on me untill around 40mph but that is cause the TQ but after that the results are a direct product of wieght difference,my car wieghts somewhere in the area of 500 to 600lbs less than a Lude
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
98civic4door said:
I can keep up with a H22 5 speed Lude with a CAI from a roll with no problem and I have a Y7 with CAI,4-2-1 DC header,custome 2 inch exhaust with no AC and no cat.

From a dig they pull on me untill around 40mph but that is cause the TQ but after that the results are a direct product of wieght difference,my car wieghts somewhere in the area of 500 to 600lbs less than a Lude
the rex runs nice from a 60 - 130 roll which is where the stang sucks ass :clap
wrx pulled the rex in 4th gear but not 5th just hung there ( 5th gear is like 3rd gear in the crx si ). Z28 is the same as the stangs hangs back until it hits 130+ ( since hondas r not top speed cars) once the crx is movin it goes :w00t only time the v8's got in front was when they hit 140 :wow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,193 Posts
Hey I never got the email from SOHChonda.com :(
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top