Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm getting tired of my 1.5 with 512megs of sdram....

I think I should buy another computer and use this as a spare.... what do you think?

What should be my next one? prices....

I want a gaming computer.... what do you guys recommmend? Let me know thanks

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
whats your budget? are you going to reuse any of your old stuff? (monitor, keyboard/mouse, dvdrom, harddrive??)

·
Registered
441 Posts
msi neo 2 platinum mobo
athlon 64 3000 939 90nm
1gb pc3200 ram
radeon 9800 pro (min)
then whatever else..if you need more help let me know.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
for the price of the 9800pro, for about same price (or 20 bucks more) you might as well get 6600gt.

it might be a bit early right now, but you might want to think about pci-e and ddr2 slots.

·
Registered
441 Posts
crazed87 said:
for the price of the 9800pro, for about same price (or 20 bucks more) you might as well get 6600gt.

it might be a bit early right now, but you might want to think about pci-e and ddr2 slots.
yeah i guess youre right, i haven't followed video cards as much lately, but for another 30 bucks, its decently faster than the 9800. as for pci express and ddr2, there are no performance advantages for either yet, and wont be for some time. he wants a gaming machine, and the athlon 64 is the king in that respect

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
amd doesnt support ddr2 yet, and like you said, athlon 64 > all.

but i was at the amd fall tech tour this year, one of things amd said is they will eventually pick up on ddr2.

pci-e offers a small performance advantage then 8xagp, and pci-e cards are about 10-20% cheaper then their 8xagp counterparts. that's something to take into consideration when buying a more expensive pci-e mobo.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't have a price budget but I would like to keep it under a grand and I will not be saving any parts from the old and bringing it to the new one... so I need everything.

And you guys all say, AMD over INTEL? powerwise and price wise, AMD is best bang for my buck?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts