Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, I have my rear 3 windows tinted on my Integra. It's Milano Red. They're only tinted 35%, but you can definitely tell it's tinted. Anyway, I'm debating whether I should go with tinting all the windows to like 5% so they just look black, or if I should take the tint off completely and just have all the windows clear. I have a custom interior built and all, so I'd like that to be seen. But I also like the look of the black windows on the red. Reply if you need some pictures to make a better judgement. Thanks

· Registered
482 Posts
FangzGSR said:
All right, I have my rear 3 windows tinted on my Integra. It's Milano Red. They're only tinted 35%, but you can definitely tell it's tinted. Anyway, I'm debating whether I should go with tinting all the windows to like 5% so they just look black, or if I should take the tint off completely and just have all the windows clear. I have a custom interior built and all, so I'd like that to be seen. But I also like the look of the black windows on the red. Reply if you need some pictures to make a better judgement. Thanks
pics would be nice.. i think the 5% will protect your interior better and look better, but since u want the interior to be seen, then i say stick with the 35% because u can still see the interior pretty well with 35%. it's only at nite where u mite have trouble. also, it would protect your interior better than no tint.

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pics...

This was taken at the shop when my shave job was done. I know it's not a great shot, plus I have te car raised with my winter wheels on, but you get the idea.

Here's the interior, so you can see what I'm trying to show.

· Registered
49 Posts
leaving clear glass over that interior work would be like saying "steal my shit!".

Look at all the shit a theif would get with one smash of a baseball bat (or spark plug)...subs, amps, NOS bottle, radar detector, cd player/LCD screen, shift knob/e-brake handle...ect...

all would be gone in 60 sec's.

Keep the 35%, or even go to 20% for the back windows.

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I thought about that, but it's not like someone can't see in even with the windows tinted you know? Especially since I can't tint the windshield. My LCD fold into the dash, and then I usually take the face off. My PS2 is concealed, and so is the tank when I'm not showing. So, I don't know. I'm pretty much concerned with whether the black windows look better, or the clear looks better. I really can't decide.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
TINT TINT TINT TINT!!!! Thats an order :D

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scarface said:
OOOO i like your interior, i'd love to do something similar to that on my hb, any suggestions you seem like you have experience.
Well, if you're looking to take the seats out of the back, then building this false floor isn't too complicated. The fitment is the tricky part, but use a "french curve" i beleive it's called as a templat in which to get all the cuts right. This is what I mean, the tool I'm referring to is like a flexible plastic piece that's about a foot long and is thin. This bends to the shape of the interior walls, and then you transfer that shape onto plywood or whatever you want to use to make the false floor. Anyway, get all the lines right, then cut it out and have an uphostery shop or if you're skilled in that area wrap the false floor in material. I also had a 1/4 inch foam sheet in between so when you touch it it doesn't feel cheap and hollow. Anyway, I had my sub box built first, then built the floor around it. Getting it to mount flush where the back seats used to end is the trickier part, but use your own creativity to see what works best. My setup has only 4 screws that go into the interior plastic, and those are underneath where you can't see. All the rest of the pieces fit exactly where they go and don't need screws to hold them in place. I don't know what else to say besides draw out what you want, and then see if it's possible. That's what I did. The Nitrous tank under the trap door was the first thing I said I wanted done, because I wanted to keep it concealed while still having access to it. Good luck, feel free to ask any more questions.

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree with your point on someone going to steal my stuff regardless. But I understand what the others are saying because the dark tint won't allow all my stuff to be seen so easily. They'll really have to get up close and hope that there's something to steal as opposed to everything being in plain sight. Anyway, the red tint isn't my thing, I was never a big fan.

· Registered
1,480 Posts
I think the dark tint is the way to go. It looks nucking futs on red cars, especially tegs ive noticed.

U say that u want people to see ure interior, is that while u are in the car or when its sitting in a carpark?

If you just want people to see your interior when ure in the car, have the windows down and that way u get the loks on u as well, if ya know what i mean. I dont think having ure windows clear will get u much more attention.

Or whatever, itll look better tinted 2 f**k!

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LX98Civic said:
If the cops are not to strict, go with dark 5% tint!

I've been through the hassle of removing tint (had 2 layers of 5%) and it's no fun seeing that $$ go down the drain. I roll with 15% now.
Can you post a close up pic of your 15% tint. Cause if I do decide to tint, I'm not sure how dark I want it. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.