Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, heres my problem

i don't know much about cars, and i want to make my car fast, cuz i'm an adrenaline junky...... so heres my delema, i have a 95' honda civic LX 4 door, with 110,000 miles on it...... one of my friends (not sure if hes very knowledgable about cars) says that its the perfect time to start replacing that stock parts with aftermarket parts, beacuse the stock ones are beginning to break down. my other friend tells me to do an engine swap..... i'm running a tight budget so i can't do much right away..... and some friends just tell me not to do anything and its a waste..... help me out here guys, i have no clue what to do... and my friends are idiots........so if you could just tell me whether or not to upgrade it, and if you could... steer me in the right direction of what i should start out with....

i appreciate any help, thank you

~Derek

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
it depends on what you are looking for? what do you want to do? i use to have sohc i/h/e with 200,000 miles is was fine, it wasn't the fastest thing in the world but got up. Motor swap is relaible and cheap depending on the motor, b16-1300, b16a2-1700-2000, b18c1-2800, b18c5-4000 those are the prices lately the b18c1 everyone is getting one? it all depends on what your goals are? if this helps

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
there are couple of things you'll have to ask yourself before you start doing anything.
whats your goal?
is the car going to be a daily driver or a weekend princess?
how much money you'll spend on it?
etc.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
b16a.

Or, you MIGHT be able to find a gsr, I know when egvtec had a gsr, he paid 2200 or so with everything pulled out of a wrecked gsr. Shop around, you may get lucky and score a deal on a gsr.

oh, and if you cant find one, the b16 is great. I have pretty much the same car you do, and Im running a b16a, and I love it. :w00t

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
General price is about 500-800 for motor swap.

I suggest you find a friend with a cherry picker and some experience because it will save you a lot of money.

And b-series swaps into our EG chassis are just sOOSOoOO ez.

Of course I did paid a shop...but oh well..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.