Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestions for EK civic?

i have neuspeed green springs & bilstein shocks... any advice for the toe and camber adjustments for autocrossing purposes...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got to join two races last year...so i'm just an amateur... but i got 1st & 2nd place out of the two races respectively...

suspension tuning and driving skill improvement/enhancement is more fun than making hopping-up the engine

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Im going to assume you dont have a camber kit or camber plates. Get as much negitive camber as you can with the factory specs. For toe, id start with zero all the way around and play with it a bit to find where you like it.

Every car is different, but something like 1/16th or 1/8th of toe out up front can REALLY improve turn-in. Toe in the rear is car specific, and i dont have enough expirience with the civics to tell you a good setup.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup stock still...

is negative camber (-1.5deg) for the a bad thing... i'm thinking that i'm understeering because the rear hass too much neg camber...

thanks with the advice...i'll experiment with a bit toe-out at front

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
alien said:
yup stock still...

is negative camber (-1.5deg) for the a bad thing... i'm thinking that i'm understeering because the rear hass too much neg camber...

thanks with the advice...i'll experiment with a bit toe-out at front
There is a limit to how much negitive camber is good...

How much camber can you get up front? in the rear? What other mods are on the car right now? What type of tire are you using?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got -1deg front
& -1.7ded rear

car is lowered with neuspeed sport springs (green) with bilstein shocks (yellow)...front height (fender-to-wheel gap) is 1 finger, rear height is 2 fingers...

tires 195/55/R15 Michellin MXF Sport on Si wheel

B16a, with intake & muffler mods only.

the stock rear sway bar is soo thin, something like 13mm...front sway is still stock

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I'll assume thats as much negitive as you can pull from front and rear...

Id keep the fronts where they are and probably drop the rears to 1 degree or a bit less.

That should at least keep it balanced as far as grip...and then you can use tire pressures to tune from there.

I'd stick with your current setup for awhile, and really concentrate on learning the car. Get to the point where youre really consistent, and then upgrade. I recently went to wider, but lighter wheels and tires, and im still trying to "relearn" the car.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Bampf said:
You should be able to reduce the negative camber in the rear with washers...
Damnit... I was thinking that he had it set to maximum, not that it was the LEAST he could do... D'OH!!!

Im too used to my car where i needed camber bolts to get anymore than a half a degree up front, and ZERO in the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.