Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting illuminas with eibach pro-kit springs installed soon in my 93 Si hatch. I was just wondering, how do you guys adjust the shocks after installation? (how do you access the adjusting knob with a screwdriver if you want to change the setting after the shocks have been installed?)

·
Registered
284 Posts

Well...in the front it's easy, just lift the hood and use the flathead screwdriver to adjust the shocks. In the rear you'll have to (if you own a coupe) lift the carpetting in the back up. (i don't have that problem because i don't have an interior, so someone else might be a bit more help on getting to the rears.)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I own a hatchback. Sorry for the really simple question, I just wasn't sure whether you have to reach into the wheel well or something annoying like that to change the settings on the shock. Nice to know that all I have to do it pop the hood. How are the settings on the rear shocks changed in a hatchback?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just pop off the plastic cover on the rear wheel well and the adjusting knob is right there. I have a 92 hatch with a rear strut tower brace so mine is always exposed, takes about 20 seconds to adjust both struts.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Re: ...

chase13 said:
Well...in the front it's easy, just lift the hood and use the flathead screwdriver to adjust the shocks. In the rear you'll have to (if you own a coupe) lift the carpetting in the back up. (i don't have that problem because i don't have an interior, so someone else might be a bit more help on getting to the rears.)
Well said, DITTO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts