Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PRicing is great LIght Light Light, easy standard install. performance is great / adjustiblitiy is good 5 levels located @ the top of assembley help match spring rates or desired damp. cons are noise squishy sound. Fine for winter driving no leaks
level 1 = softer that run down stock struts 'new meaning to indepen suspen"
level 2 = avg stock
level 3 = brand new stock "off dealship floor
level 4 = start to shine
level 5 = racing almost tire on road all the time reguardlees of road
WIll buy again NOte JUst getting into second season

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
H&R sport springs .75 dropp front and back

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm running Tein S-tech and Tokico Illuminas on my 98 coupe, Handle great. I've learned they tend to feel stiffer in colder weather but since you can adjust them I just drop them down to 2.

Only complaint! My rear passenger shock started leaking oil 3 days after they were installed, within a month you could feel the difference on that one corner going through curves. I had the shock removed and sent in under warranty and it was replaced due to manufacturing defects ($10 to ship to seller & $20 to have overnighted back). That's 30 buck I'm out due to a "manufacturing defect" I've checked around on the web and asked the guys at the shop and have came across the same problem in multiple locations. One guy said Tokico stated to him he must have got a shock from a "bad bach". I remember reading something like this on carreview.com also.
Either way after the headacke I wish I would have went with Konis, this is what the shop mechanic runs on his Integra and stated he's never had a problem with them but he has heard of the Tokico's leaking and going limp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kommon_sense said:
Those sound like H&R *OE* sports.
You got it OE sport spring "takes out wobble great for big potholes" just can't find the spring rate on them

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
staples said:
Only complaint! My rear passenger shock started leaking oil 3 days after they were installed,
I have heard of that / but hasn't happened to me yet drivin two winters and one season. i heard one other guy whom installed it himself set the off the jacks and big oil pool on one strut dideven get to try them out. Ouch

·
Registered
526 Posts
i have the illumina strut and spring kit on my 97 accord...
i love it! and god yes, they are stiffer in colder weather...right now i'm in desperate need of sway bars...if a corner isnt banked, i dont feel confident when taking it at a high rate of speed
not to mention, my stock steelies and hubcaps arent helpin that much neither:td

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got the Illumina coilover setup for my teggy. I love it so far. For 700 bucks it is hard to beat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts