Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k so i finnaly got my b18b1 last weekend! and i have a couple questions for you guys. i am willing to put money into the engine but im not a millionare so please be realistic. i am going to turbo it when im done. i am also doing ls/vtec with it. i want to see how much horsepower i can get out of it within reason
1- i need a new manual tranny and clutch...any suggestions?
2- i was thinking about increasing the rpm's, i think i need to get my crank balanced and micro polished?
3- pistons and connecting rods...titanium is pretty expensive, is it really worth it? or is there a "better bang for the buck"? ive heard alluminum pistons are pretty good
4- im getting a gsr head... i was thinking about going with skunk2 valves, valve springs, and retainers.
5-cams? any suggestions?
6-intake manifold? fuel rail? injetor size? throttle body? any suggestions?
7- pretty much anything else you can think of. thanks

· Registered
2,231 Posts
k so i finnaly got my b18b1 last weekend! and i have a couple questions for you guys. i am willing to put money into the engine but im not a millionare so please be realistic. i am going to turbo it when im done. i am also doing ls/vtec with it. i want to see how much horsepower i can get out of it within reason
1- i need a new manual tranny and clutch...any suggestions?
2- i was thinking about increasing the rpm's, i think i need to get my crank balanced and micro polished?
3- pistons and connecting rods...titanium is pretty expensive, is it really worth it? or is there a "better bang for the buck"? ive heard alluminum pistons are pretty good
4- im getting a gsr head... i was thinking about going with skunk2 valves, valve springs, and retainers.
5-cams? any suggestions?
6-intake manifold? fuel rail? injetor size? throttle body? any suggestions?
7- pretty much anything else you can think of. thanks
1. 6 puck exedy
2. WHY!? RPMs does not = HP!
3. Not needed for basic HP, just turbo and be done.
4. Either build a race car or just slap on a turbo and call it a day.
5. Stock is fine for some "fun" horsepower
6.......... Youre pretty much lozin me at this point

You are basically sayin you want an all out race car but dont care for much horsepower. Decide what EXACTLY you want out of the car and get back with us. That stock b18 with a turbo kit is prolly gonna be all the power u need.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in want a daily driver that i can take to the track and acually compete with. so i need to be able to drive it but at the same time i want it to be fast i guess is what im trying to get at. and i thought that i read that increasing the rpm's is a god way to unlock hp? if it isnt why is everyone increasing there rpm's? thanks

· Registered
261 Posts
people over reving are people not using forced air. we really need a HP goal from you to answer these questions accurately. but for now.....
1. GSR tranny
2. no dont do it
3. wiseco low compression drop forged coated pistons and dont waste your time or money on titanium rods. get a bang for your buck set of eagles or corwers
4. better valve springs cant hurt
5. get a set of cams that have a high lift and short duration (turbo cam) any other will be a waste of money and not give any gain in HP)
6. you will have to change your injectors (again size will depend on HP goal) and find some way to manage them like a crome chip or hondata system.
7. you are going to need a bigger exhaust to get all you can out of the turbo.
8.TUNE TUNE TUNE TUNE TUNE TUNE IT!!!! i cant stress this enough! all the work you do will get fried and you will have to start all over if you do not dyno tune your car! this is the big key to making it last and be dependable.

none of this stuff is cheap. i dont know what kind of a budget your working with but if you dont have a big one, get some injectors chip your ECU slap on a turbo and keep it under 220 front wheel HP

· Registered
37,990 Posts
in want a daily driver that i can take to the track and acually compete with. so i need to be able to drive it but at the same time i want it to be fast i guess is what im trying to get at. and i thought that i read that increasing the rpm's is a god way to unlock hp? if it isnt why is everyone increasing there rpm's? thanks
cause you get mad street cred if you can rev your vtec over 9k rpms.

· Registered
261 Posts
s**t talkers

this is when a noob asks...."y not"
so just the other day i had my neighbor came out while i was workong on my DD and start telling me about his fast bad ass integra being shipped to him from cali. i kinda half payed attention to him while i was putting the head back on till he said "that junks fast yo, it has vetc, and some crome headers with twin turbos on it":bash then i gathered my tools and went inside till he went away

· Registered
37,990 Posts
so just the other day i had my neighbor came out while i was workong on my DD and start telling me about his fast bad ass integra being shipped to him from cali. i kinda half payed attention to him while i was putting the head back on till he said "that junks fast yo, it has vetc, and some crome headers with twin turbos on it":bash then i gathered my tools and went inside till he went away
that made me laugh

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.