Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just intalled a aem fuel rail and aem regulator on my 95 LS. My car has an intake and exhaust, thats it, and is reading about 37 on the Fuel pressure gauge but is burnin way too much gas. My car just spews white smoke and reeks of gas. What could have gone wrong or be wrong??

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
was the 37psi with the vacuum hose to the regulator plugged or unplugged, i know it makes a difference.

on your LS it should be between 31-36psi at idle but you wont know for sure untill you have it properly tuned (on a dyno)

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
yes FPR is a vacuum operated device. With vacuum removed the pentil drops and blocks fuel flow to raise fuel pressure. With vacuum applied it holds the pentil up and allows free flow of fuel which lowers fuel pressure. Make sure you set the FPR to stock fuel pressure settings and check it with a fuel pressure gauge both with vacuum and without vacuum. Also do you have any check engine lights on? I'd also check the sparkplugs their gap and condition to see if your running lean etc. Helms manual will help you with what everything should be doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts