Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
too rich your car will bog like hell....too lean your car will run good off the line but like crap on the freeway......back firing....etc.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bog....like the exaust spudders. my cars exaust spudders but im not really losing any power. should i turn my fuel pressure down? i also recently turned my idle up to like 1600, could that have anythng to do with it?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
bog like you would press the gas and it wouldnt really accelerate........you would feel a power loss....turn your idle down to about 750+ or - 50rpm.......check your timing......is your ECU throwing any codeS?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just put in a ZC ecu that i got today. its not throwing any codes. what would adjusting the idle do?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
changing the idle would put the car into the spec that it should be at.....also.....that might fix your problem....what is your timing set at?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not sure, i need to get a timing light thing on it and set it?? got any ideas what to set it at if im spraying a dry 75 shot???

·
Registered
404 Posts
im spraying a 55 shot...i just yank the dizzy all the way back..hwever i have the intake cam advanced 3 degrees..so im not sure how much of a retard im runnig..

but i can tell u if i run around town with the dist. all the way back and the a/c on...a dx would kick my ass! i really should get a timing light to put it to 1 degree retard using the n2o and 3 degree adv. n/a

1 - 11 of 11 Posts