Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all happened when I snapped 2 of the 3 bolts on the dizzy cap when trying to replace. I marked the position of the dizzy / removed. My father took the dizzy into work to get the cap bolts tapped out. One was sucessful the other broke the entire bolt thread piece (ear or whatever you call it).
Mounted the cap using 2 bolts and put back on the car to make sure in working order. Fired up nicely.

Removed the cap and for the 3rd bolt use some jbweld type stuff just to hold the bolt in place.

Let dry over night and went to reinstall ---> car will not start

I took the distributor off 3 different times and tried rotating the collar 180 degrees. Each time I could not get the dizzy to mount in flush when turned the 180 degrees. Only goes in one way. I have the timing mark lined up just as I did yesterday when testing it out. I checked the wiring for the plugs and they are correct.

What to do now?

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Hybrid93Hatch said:
It all happened when I snapped 2 of the 3 bolts on the dizzy cap when trying to replace. I marked the position of the dizzy / removed. My father took the dizzy into work to get the cap bolts tapped out. One was sucessful the other broke the entire bolt thread piece (ear or whatever you call it).
Mounted the cap using 2 bolts and put back on the car to make sure in working order. Fired up nicely.

Removed the cap and for the 3rd bolt use some jbweld type stuff just to hold the bolt in place.

Let dry over night and went to reinstall ---> car will not start

I took the distributor off 3 different times and tried rotating the collar 180 degrees. Each time I could not get the dizzy to mount in flush when turned the 180 degrees. Only goes in one way. I have the timing mark lined up just as I did yesterday when testing it out. I checked the wiring for the plugs and they are correct.

What to do now?
go buy a new cap,they are pretty cheap

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hybrid93Hatch said:
It all happened when I snapped 2 of the 3 bolts on the dizzy cap when trying to replace.
I believe that statement means I was in the process of replacing the old cap with a new one :clap

Anyhow, we checked for spark all was good and damn thinig fired up after that :wow

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Hybrid93Hatch said:
I believe that statement means I was in the process of replacing the old cap with a new one :clap

Anyhow, we checked for spark all was good and damn thinig fired up after that :wow

well, if you are putting on a new one and mess it up... GET ANOTHER ONE... thats what we were getting at...

good to hear its working now tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.