Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as requested by 94civic_R, here are some shots, mostly of my headlights.

Every time I want to take pics its always wet. Oh well, Ill get some on a dry day here soon.

sorry for the craptastic pics, It was cold and I forgot my tripod. :(

also for you nitpickers, yes, there is some red paint on my lens, its just overspray from my old paint, and also if you notice, I now have amber corners. :w00t

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
kick ass, i love amber corners. i got some a few months ago too :number1

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
certaintly, the projectors are e55 bi-xenons, and just standard phillips 4100*K d2s burners, and hella gen 3 ballasts.

I wish I had an SLR so I could show you all just how they truley look. I parked in front of a plate glass window and tried to take a pic, but it came out like crap. Just imagine the color that an arc welder gives off, in 2 small ciricles. It was beautiful. :aww

The view is great. The output is even, no hotspots, and much better than halogen.

Difficulty wise, if you can DIY black housings, mounting projectors only adds a couple things, cuting a large hole in the back of the reflector bowl, lining up the projector, securing it (I used jbweld on the tabs inside the light) making a shroud, and then basic wiring skills.

Heres a tip, look in your haynes manual, in the headlight switch diagram. Its inside your steering column, look for pin "g". Its used on the canadian civics for DTRL, but it is PERFECT for a ballast turn on.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
looks nice.

Hey man do you think you could take some more pics of your exhaust? Like a bunch of different angles? And maybe do a writeup on it?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gurusan said:
looks nice.

Hey man do you think you could take some more pics of your exhaust? Like a bunch of different angles? And maybe do a writeup on it?

Ill get on that tomorrow. Tis a request line!!

what kind of writeup are you looking for? how to build?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
commador said:
Ill get on that tomorrow. Tis a request line!!

what kind of writeup are you looking for? how to build?
Review of OBX Evo style muffler with 2.5'' piping.....sound, appearance, performance....

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aye.

Right now, even with no cat, its pretty damn quiet. Interior noise is average, but that will be cut down a good bit when a certaint devise is going to habitate the exhaust path. ;)

Performance, I cant make a comparison over stock, since I havent had a stock exhaust since before the b went in. But, I will say that with having no restrictions, and 2.5" the whole way back, it is probably breathing much easier.

Appearance, this may differ for you. I cut out my bumper (I will show you with pics) so it sits about 3" higher than it would otherwise. The can is the same as the day I bought it, and its been through a pretty nasty salty dirty mess thus far.

Overall, I give the muffler with 2.5" aluminized, an 8 of 10. :)

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Cool...take some pics and show how u cut the bumper because it's prolly the muffler I'll be using.

I'm really scared of buying something that sounds like a fart can or somethign that looks weird.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
didnt you use to have that muffler anyhow?

Anyway, no regrets, and I will snap some pics today.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Alright, well those pics are awesome and i definitely want to do a retro now! it is teh Sexeh! how much did u get everything for and where did u get it from? I think the only thing i would have trouble doing is the wiring, i did black housing myself and i dont think dremmiling out a bigger hole for the lamp to fit would be too difficult. What is JBweld? im a canadian, never heard of it!

I am so sick of stock headlights, you cant see shit out of them! I am really wanting to do this! BAh!! :bh

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i hate to say it man, but those red/clear tails don't match the amber corners and sidemarkers very well. otherwise, i love the setup!

oh and to continue the discussion on OBX mufflers, i've got one myself (different style though), and i can say from experience that they definitely don't sound raspy or farty (is that even a word? :p). mine is nice and deep, and i still have the factory piping! :woot:

·
Registered
519 Posts
i like the jdm tails.. adds a nice touch to the ass of your car! you should slam your car a bit lower tho :D

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that one civic said:
i hate to say it man, but those red/clear tails don't match the amber corners and sidemarkers very well. otherwise, i love the setup!

oh and to continue the discussion on OBX mufflers, i've got one myself (different style though), and i can say from experience that they definitely don't sound raspy or farty (is that even a word? :p). mine is nice and deep, and i still have the factory piping! :woot:

aye, stocks were broken, didnt really like the amber in the rear, tezzas were a no, so I got the red/clears.

I got my projectors off ebay. Actually, they were brand new from a seller in germany, so I paid 120 shipped for e55 bi-xenon. Very good deal. The ballasts and bulbs were 200 from a seller at hidplanet. Wiring is pretty straight forward. In your headlight switch, there is a pin, it is named "g" in the haynes manual. It is for DTRL for canadian models, so you only need to tap that wire. This wire serves to power the relay, which you will use 12awg wire with a 30a fuse to power your ballasts. Also, use a diode in the relay switch wire to prevent your headlight switch from goning bad. If you want I can make a diagram for you.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OYE OYE OYE!!! Some new pics!

And here just for you gurusan, a nice closeup of the cutout.

....eh, what the hell, Ill throw in a cool pic I took yesterday.....

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
yes they are very bright... i will have to throw them on my future mod list :D

pics dont do that car justice. it looks waaaay better in person...so shiny

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The car was dirty when I took the pics. One day when its nice and clear I will wash and wax it then get new pict0rz.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts