Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Toyota has claim to the #1 and 2 slots. Unfortunaly, the Accord and Civic suffered the heaviest losses of any of the top 10 cars listed. Last year, the accord and civic finished 2nd and 4th, but are 3rd and 7th this year to date. The civic has aged a bit, and nearing the end of its life cycle so a drop in sales is no surprise, but the accord is only 2-3 model years old?

Biggest surprise to me is the Mustang. All the cars listed are practical 4 door family cars, and so the mustang seems out of place.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
RANK VEHICLE — 2005 SALES

RANK VEHICLE — 2005 SALES
1. Ford F-Series pickup — 108,881
2. Chevy Silverado-C/K pickup — 87,859
3. Toyota Camry — 60,241
4. Dodge Ram pickup — 53,526
5. Toyota Corolla — 49,653
6. Honda Accord — 44,296
7. Chevrolet Impala — 39,256
8. Ford Explorer — 37,728
9. Nissan Altima — 36,139
10. Ford Taurus — 34,227
11. Honda Civic — 33,841
12. Dodge Caravan — 32,912
13. Ford Focus — 28,940
14. GMC Sierra pickup — 28,451
15. Jeep Grand Cherokee — 28,286
16. Chrysler Town & Country — 27,587
17. Ford Escape — 27,178
18. Chevrolet TrailBlazer — 26,841
19. Jeep Liberty — 25,994
20. Ford Econoline — 25,724

·
Registered
866 Posts
what's goin on with the civic? 34% down from the same month previous year. 26% down on the entire year. that's a shame. both hondas are down in sales by at least 10%. year's still young, hopefully honda's biggest guns will pick back up.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
what?! more mustangs on the road? great we now have more fools revving they're powerful V-6s up and down the road thinking they can own everything they come across. I can't belive people are stupid enough to buy a Taurus. blech! They buy it for 30000 next year its worth 10000

·
Registered
199 Posts
Where do you guys find this stuff? I'd like a monthly update on this. I can't believe the corolla's outselling the accord. Did the accord finish above the corolla for 2004? Do you think you can find sales figures for 2004?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just answered my own question. Haha I see that the accord has more sales for feb 04 and probably continued for the rest of the year. I wonder why the corolla's selling more? Nothing on it has changed has it? Maybe toyotas offering incentives or somthing. And wasn't the ford 500 suppose to be replacing the taurus? It's not even breaking the top ten cars.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Damn, combined Sierra & Silverado sales barely beat F-150! The Camry, Impala, and Altima are roomier now and are reasonably priced. That seems to be what americans want in a sedan. It also seems that the Corolla is riding on some major Camry coattails.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Well, the civic sells have been declining basially every year since the new body style came out. Just didn't appeal to people as much, same with the accord, although you see a lot, you don't see nearly as many as the previous generations. I'm surprised by the Impala and the Altima, they have stayed steady in sales for a while and the Altima isn't as much of a "trend" car as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
150 Posts
These numbers aren't necessarily reflective of what North Americans buy.

These numbers include cars sold to rental agencies. Hence the large number of V6 mustangs (standard car) and Tauruses (Full Size car).

·
Registered
787 Posts
Mistuda said:
Well, the civic sells have been declining basially every year since the new body style came out. Just didn't appeal to people as much, same with the accord, although you see a lot, you don't see nearly as many as the previous generations.QUOTE]

Agreed. I dont like the new styling... Toyota did a great job on the camry and the Corolla :number1

·
Registered
297 Posts
OldSchoolFresh said:
I can't belive people are stupid enough to buy a Taurus. blech! They buy it for 30000 next year its worth 10000
In canada fleet sales take up most of the % of Taurus sold, so that might be the case down south too.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Agreed. I dont like the new styling... Toyota did a great job on the camry and the Corolla :number1[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? The camry's styling is so boring and bland! I can't stand it. The accord is nice, but the civic is blah right now. Hopefully the new design will revive it.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The accord is just bland and boring to look at as well (and the sedan a bit uglier in my opinion), but it's more sporty and powerful. The latter is something we as enthusiast care about, but the general public doesn't really look at performance as one of their highest priorities, especially in mid-sized family sedans. Since both are established brands in terms of quality/reliability, most people would probably go with the prettier car of the two....which is the Camry.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
TheX-Man said:
The accord is nice???? It's just as bland and boring!
I beg to differ... the accord is much better looking than the camry. But thats just my opinion I guess.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hobie237 said:
the mustang is a suprise to me... i cant believe there are that many of them out there, and it really doesnt fit the list...
It doesn't fit the list. And the most surprising thing is we're in the middle of winter. Sales will pick up significantly once spring and summer roles around.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts