Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking for a turbo manifold for a budget build. I have been wanting to avoid the eBay route as most are well... you know. But I have found an affordable ram horn from a group called Top Speed Auto.

Price is $79.99. I've found a review about some of the other products they have for different cars. Some good, some needing a minor touch ups. Sanding to smooth some rough edges, nothing major.

It seems on the turbo manifold they welded in a reinforced bracket plate to keep them from cracking. It is also ported at each cylinder and inspected.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this or any of the companies parts.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
its' like any other ss tuby mani. it will crack eventually. but go for it. i ran an ss on my sr20 and it lasted just fine. just don't wrap it.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
p.s. manifolds and and catbacks you can cheap out on if on a budget. just don't rely on moving parts like turbos.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that is good to know. Yeah, I'm not cheaping out on the rotating parts. Except the Vitara pistons, but those have proven themselves, so I'm not too worried.

I was looking at some parts today, just random parts. I remember how parts would have fins or post to help dissipate heat. I was starting to wonder if welding some post would help with fanning out the heat to help prevent cracking. Do you think that'd help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts