Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard that there's no top speed limiter on the integra up to 97. does anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hobie237 said:
i heard this as well but find it hard to believe...the earliest i've worked with is the 98.......just drive till you either hit it...or dont
lol maybe i will. i dont think there is one though, cus ive hit 120 mph. and most cars with limiters will stop you before 120

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hobie237 said:
i dunno...euro cars have 155 limiters...but if you get to 130 or so its a good bet ur safe... its not a problem unless ur hitting it...so if you never hit it why bother to take it off?
i never said i wanted to take it off. im just curious.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
hobie237 said:
fair enough...
haha

but yeah iv heard that tegs dont have rev limiters either, but who knows, iv been 140 with no sign of limitation, and thats about as fast as i would want to go and then some

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
I have a rev limiter on mine for sure. I dont think i have a speed limiter b/c ive gone over 120. I doubt my teg could much faster than that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
had a 95 gsr did 142 on stock engine and didn't run into any speed limiter.
too bad some fucker stole my car and stripped it to the shell :mad

My opinion, I think the best gsr was the 95 gsr. Shit was quick as hell! My 00 gsr lags like a bitch!

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Why does this question come up like once a month? And why does no one seem to actually know the right answer?

NO INTEGRA sold in the US has a speed limiter at all. The JDM ones do. Simple as that. Even RSX's don't have speed limiters here. Oh so your car stops pulling at 120, 130, 140, whatever? It's called aerodynamic drag combined with a tiny engine. Just because it doesn't just keep accelerating until you hit warp speed doesn't mean it has a speed limiter.

Rev limiters are a completely separate thing and probably every single production car since most of us were born has one.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
White98LS said:
Oh so your car stops pulling at 120, 130, 140, whatever? It's called aerodynamic drag combined with a tiny engine. QUOTE]

lol, so true.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
My 95 GSR has a rev limiter. So I would assume that once I hit redline in 5th gear the rev limiter would kick in. I have not been able to see if it will do it, but I'm guessing it would. But I know for a fact my GSR has a rev limiter, it use to hit it in first gear when I first got the car (once or twice) and wasn't use to the quickness over my old 98 EX Civic.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
GSRGreenSleeper said:
My 95 GSR has a rev limiter. So I would assume that once I hit redline in 5th gear the rev limiter would kick in. I have not been able to see if it will do it, but I'm guessing it would. But I know for a fact my GSR has a rev limiter, it use to hit it in first gear when I first got the car (once or twice) and wasn't use to the quickness over my old 98 EX Civic.

yeah just about every honda ever made has a rev limiter. thats not a speed limiter tho.

·
Registered
27 Posts
druuuu said:
lol maybe i will. i dont think there is one though, cus ive hit 120 mph. and most cars with limiters will stop you before 120
I swapped a B16a1 and it pegs at 125, but it gets there quick. Would love to see what the car could do.. My old D16Z6 would get me to 135....

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
GSRGreenSleeper said:
Of course it has a rev limiter.

And guaranteed your car will NOT reach the rev limit in 5th unless you have a lot of mods. That would be like ~155-160mph. VERY few stock cars' top speeds are limited by gearing/rev limiter. Some cars can't even pull to the end of their 2nd-to-top gears, like the Corvette and Viper can't pull to the end of 5th out of 6th gears. Aero drag... it's HUGE at high speeds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was driving home from work one night and it was slippery so I got the tranny to redline in 5th (not a good idea) adn teh speedo said 149 and I got a stock '95 ls but so far I've got her up to 132 and ran out of road :bh

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.