Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
6,555 Posts
i dont know if you guys know that the honda speedometers are notorious for being optimistic.
it doesnt mean that if it shows 130mph you are actually going 130mph, in reality you are probably going 115-120mph.
unless you have a radar gun to test it out there is no way of telling how accurate your speedo is.

chzcake01.....its hard to belive that a dx can get up to 130mph easily. i know it could go 120-125mph but its not easy.
the faster you go the slower the speed increases slower.

· Registered
144 Posts
hmmm

Yeh definatly the speed cut off is around 120. I've been told 120 122 something around there.

I've been about 115. I say about is because who knows how accurate my speedo is.
It hard to get going any faster after about 105-110, acceleration is s-l-o-w.

OH well..
It was fun at 115.

· Registered
126 Posts
My car cuts out at exactly 190km/h (118.75mph).

I think maybe it would hit 200km/h if it was not goverened, but I doubt it. (106hp + AEM CAI + AEM Pulleys = Still Slow)

1fast2dr

· Registered
102 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
i dont know if you guys know that the honda speedometers are notorious for being optimistic.
it doesnt mean that if it shows 130mph you are actually going 130mph, in reality you are probably going 115-120mph.
unless you have a radar gun to test it out there is no way of telling how accurate your speedo is.

chzcake01.....its hard to belive that a dx can get up to 130mph easily. i know it could go 120-125mph but its not easy.
the faster you go the slower the speed increases slower.
... it cant be that far off... says max speed in first is 35... my speedo reads 34-36 right where the engine cuts off and on(cough i dont do that for fun cough)

· Registered
6,555 Posts
with higher speeds the speedometer gets more optimistic.
all i'm saying is that dont belive that you are doing 130mph in a stock dx only cause the speedometer says so.

i dont know if you guys know that the stock rpm gauges are optimistic also. i have an ex cluster in my car. but i also have an Autometer tach. i have an MSD ignition and i have a chip that limits the engine rpm to 7000rpm. so for example if i floor the gas in second gear all way way to ignition cut off the autometer says 7000rpm and the stock one its at 7600rmp.
so thats why i dont belive the stock speedometers are accurate. there are other people here that know that there is no way for a civic to go over 135mph without some mods.

· Registered
1,081 Posts
hmmmm my top speed is 89.9mph well at least that's what the
time slips say, but y would you want to go 130 in a stock dx??
@110 my car get all silly floaty, and this is with a drop and sway
bars front and rear, dx's don't have that stock, plus the breaks...
goddamn there are some stupid ppl just flirting with winning a
darwin award, tell me how good those airbags work when you hit
something/someone going that fast

· Registered
838 Posts
yup, i got mine to 125 max. but i believe it's more to a 120 or so, civics are limited to 120s i guess
anybody get 130s or more? coz i heard my friend got to 135 with stock SI....is that possible?

· Registered
1,081 Posts
moel_lee said:
yup, i got mine to 125 max. but i believe it's more to a 120 or so, civics are limited to 120s i guess
anybody get 130s or more? coz i heard my friend got to 135 with stock SI....is that possible?
well almost, Si's fuel cut off it @132mph so your friend was right, but not :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.