Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
oh sorry I dont care about the peddle presure and i only drag race I am using the the ACT HSD015S with a clutch masters stage one plate thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
It was smart to order the a.c.t. friction disk and use the cm pressure plate but I dont think it will hold your cars power. The stage one cm is rated at 70% over stock. Your set up right now is over 100% of the stock rating. You could put the new friction disk in the car and try it out but I am sure it will not last very long with slicks on the car, street tires maybe. Your best bet is to sell the unused friction disc and go with a different stage clutch masters set up. Because you are planning on drag racing and this is not a ever day car I would look at getting a new clutch masters presure plate and maybe a 6 puck clutch. If you can spare the change then just put in a twin disc with new flywheel(you have to buy a flywheel to use the twin disc), Its cost around $1500.

Best thing to do is call clutch master and tell them you make around 300 hp to the wheels and you might start using slicks at the track. Then they will tell you what clutch to use.

If you do not use slicks at the track and are not planning to use any then I would NOT be pushing the puck clutch or the twin disc. I just thought you might like to lower that E.T. a little more.
Also you do know you are going to break some axles if you go to a good set of slicks and a new clutch right? With your power and some nice 60's they will break like tooth picks. Trust me;)

Jeremy Lally www.race101.com

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think I will post that disk on ebay and go with a set up like you said thanks again for the help. Iam sure to be pulling of some better times THANKS again

·
Registered
344 Posts
Real men race in turns, lol. I'm just kidding. I like autocrossing and 1/4 mile as well. Ofcourse my car does better in the autocross events. I will not hit the 1/4 mile track till March or so unfortunately. Depending on how strong I can get my rear, should be mid to high 12's on street tires. I have a 2003 S2000 with the Comptech Supercharger, aftercooler, upgraded pulley (is being made now), 4.57 gears (in the mail), Comptech Exhaust and Header and suspension and brakes, and blah blah. I am not building it to be a 1/4 mile car, but a road course and autocross car, and some nice 1/4 times couldn't hurt :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hybrid901 said:
It was my only vehicle until I got my truck now I just drive it maybe 7-10 times a month. Mainly because the lowest boost I'm able to run now is 19psi so I run c16 all the time and it gets expensive.
i hear that.so, you're getting about 15hp at the wheels per psi of boost. that sounds about right... not willing to share your setup? i'm just curious.
i'm at 300 on 91octane (10 psi), stock motor. after being built i'm going for 550 on 116 (but will cruise around town at 350-400)and would like to compare to how you're doing it. again, just curious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
b18c1
darton sleeves
84.5mm weisco pistons
10:5:1
manley rods
slight P&P head
comp valve train
jg intake
inline pro t3 manifold
sc61 e housing, .63 stage 5
hondata stage 4
780cc w/ stock lines
tci axles
quaife lsd
gsr tranny
act xx clutch (lasts 2-4 passes) saving for a tilton
NX 50shot only dynoed haven't made a full pass with the nitrous

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hybrid901 said:
b18c1
darton sleeves
84.5mm weisco pistons
10:5:1
manley rods
slight P&P head
comp valve train
jg intake
inline pro t3 manifold
sc61 e housing, .63 stage 5
hondata stage 4
780cc w/ stock lines
tci axles
quaife lsd
gsr tranny
act xx clutch (lasts 2-4 passes) saving for a tilton
NX 50shot only dynoed haven't made a full pass with the nitrous
wow. all that boost on 10.5:1 c/r? sweet. i came SO close to building my motor with pretty much what you have (but with a slightly lower c/r) only i have a full race mani and sc63 turbo. bad thing is it would have been in my GS-R haha. i used the money to buy hatch instead. one step back to make three forward, ya know? that's a nice time bro. my car has 11s in it with slicks/stock motor. after reading your post, i can't wait to build my motor. i REALLY want 10s. good job, bro!

·
Registered
40 Posts
my best time is 11.7 60' 1.7
gonna try and run this weekend w/ a 75 shot
91 eagle talon tsi awd
agp 57trim l2r turbo
indry race core fmic
ported head
3" turbo back exhaust
o2 dump
halman mbc
apexi safc
gm maf translator
nx 75 shot wet
kn filter
act 2600 clutch
fidanza flywheel hoping for 10's when i put on the 3" exhaust hks 272 cams and nitros working. have nitros bu thte tps switch broke
and this is a daily drive w/ full interior ac ps pb.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
R/T .765
60' 2.144 ............. needed to warm the tires up more
330' 5.518
1/8 8.177
MPH 93.57
1000' 10.486
1/4 12.429
MPH 118.22

R/T .458
60' 1.992 . ......result of heating the tires up properly....but shifted early on
330' 5.445 .. .... this run could have been my low 12 sec pass otherwise.
1/8 8.158
MPH 91.93
1000' 10.489
1/4 12.448
MPH 116.16

This was on drag radials.

Both runs on th same day, this is my best so far. Stock block b16a t3t4 turbo 12psi. looking for low 12's next time, and high 11's before the build this winter. it was only my second time out with the drag radials...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Chiovnidca said:
D16z6, Greddy kit w/extras-about 12 psi, Hondata and no weight reduction. (even have the spare tire and tools in the trunk) It was very good at spinning the tires. The best i've been able to do on street tires and street drag radials is low to mid 14s.

With slicks and alot of burnout and starting line guidance

Anybody have a horsepower guestamation for me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
92 civic vx 2200 pounds with driver all motor gsr stock internals except stage one cams stock valvetrain no porting header clutch, flywheel, reprogramed ecu slicks daily driven and I drove it to the track 2 and half hours. all stock fuel except fpr. I still have a heater
:) 12.81 @ 105mph
1.6 60 ft

at famoso raceway. ("got kicked off the track for not wearing a helmet") :mad

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.