Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You asked for it, and who are we to argue. So, here, in full are all the power lap times.

We only list road-going cars, so the F1 car (0.59.0), and Sea Harrier (0.31.2) are not on the board.

You can also see the layout of the Top Gear track.

Got a comment? Email [email protected] and share.

1 min 19.0 secs - Ferrari Enzo
1 min 19.0 secs - Radical SR3
1 min 19.5 secs - Ariel Atom
1 min 19.8 secs - Porsche Carrera GT
1 min 20.9 secs - Mercedes-McLaren SLR
1 min 21.9 secs - Ford GT
1 min 22.3 secs - Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
1 min 22.3 secs - Porsche 911 GT3 RS
1 min 22.6 secs - Westfield XTR2
1 min 23.7 secs - Lamborghini Murcielago (2nd run)
1 min 23.8 secs - Pagani Zonda C12 S
1 min 23.9 secs - Koenigsegg CC8S
1 min 24.0 secs - Ariel Atom
1 min 24.8 secs - Mitsubishi Lancer EVO FQ 400
1 min 25.0 secs - Caterham R400
1 min 25.0 secs - Noble M12 GTO-3
1 min 25.8 secs - Lamborghini Gallardo e-gear (Wet)
1 min 26.0 secs - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR FQ-320
1 min 26.4 secs - Lotus Exige S2 (Wet)
1 min 26.8 secs - Chevrolet Corvette C6
1 min 27.2 secs - Porsche 911 GT3 (Wet)
1 min 27.5 secs - TVR T350C
1 min 27.3 secs - Spyker C8
1 min 28.0 secs - BMW M3 CSL (Dry/Damp)
1 min 28.2 secs - Lotus Elise Sport 190
1 min 28.5 secs - Dodge Viper SRT-10
1 min 28.6 secs - MG SV
1 min 28.7 secs - MTM Bimoto
1 min 28.9 secs - Mitsubishi EVO VIII FQ-300
1 min 28.9 secs - Porsche 911 997 Carrera S (Very Wet)
1 min 29.0 secs - Lamborghini Murcielago
1 min 29.0 secs - Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG
1 min 29.0 secs - BMW Alpina Z8
1 min 29.4 secs - AS One
1 min 29.4 secs - Subaru Impreza WRX STi WR1
1 min 30.0 secs - Alfa Romeo GTA 3.7 (Autodelta?)
1 min 30.1 secs - Subaru Impreza Sti Type UK PPP
1 min 30.4 secs - Aston Martin DB7 GT
1 min 30.9 secs - Audi S4
1 min 31.0 secs - Porsche 911 Turbo (Wet)
1 min 31.3 secs - Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
1 min 31.6 secs - Honda NSX Type-R (Wet)
1 min 31.8 secs - BMW M3
1 min 31.8 secs - Mazda RX-8
1 min 31.8 secs - Nissan 350Z
1 min 32.2 secs - Ford Focus RS
1 min 32.5 secs - Lotus Esprit V8
1 min 32.7 secs - Audi TT V6
1 min 32.9 secs - Noble M12 GTO (Wet)
1 min 33.2 secs - Mercedes SL 55 AMG (Wet)
1 min 33.2 secs - Honda NSX Type-R (Wet)
1 min 33.3 secs - VW Golf R32
1 min 33.7 secs - MG ZT260
1 min 33.8 secs - Ford Focus RS (32.2secs)
1 min 34.9 secs - Lotus Elise 111S (Wet)
1 min 35.0 secs - Volvo S60R
1 min 35.2 secs - Ferrari 575 Maranello (Wet)
1 min 35.6 secs - Alfa Romeo 147 GTA
1 min 35.6 secs - Lotus Elise
1 min 36.2 secs - Aston Martin V12 Vanquish (Wet)
1 min 36.2 secs - Renault Clio V6 MKII (Wet)
1 min 36.5 secs - Honda Civic Type R
1 min 37.0 secs - Porsche Boxster (Wet)
1 min 37.3 secs - BMW Z4 (Wet)
1 min 37.4 secs - Honda S2000 (Wet)
1 min 37.9 secs - Saab 9.5 Aero
1 min 38.0 secs - Maserati 3200GT (Wet)
1 min 39.0 secs - Subaru Impreza WRX
1 min 39.4 secs - Bowler Wildcat
1 min 40.8 secs - Bentley Arnage T (Wet)
1 min 44.0 secs - Overfinch Range Rover

Last Update:

1 min 19.5 secs - Ariel Atom
1 min 24.8 secs - Mitsubishi Lancer EVO FQ 400
1 min 28.5 secs - Dodge Viper SRT-10
1 min 28.6 secs - MG SV
1 min 30.0 secs - Alfa Romeo GTA 3.7 (Autodelta?)
1 min 32.2 secs - Ford Focus RS
1 min 35.6 secs - Lotus Elise
1 min 36.5 secs - Honda Civic Type R
1 min 39.4 secs - Bowler Wildcat
1 min 44.0 secs - Overfinch Range Rover
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps/index.shtml

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
what the hell is the sea harrier , 31 seconds holy shit

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JaySlide said:
honda needs to realize the nsx isnt as cool as it used to be, performance wise
they didnt mention that the NSX-R ran on a raining day. they said the time should be .4 secs less. or was it 4 secs. cant remember.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
i've seen 1 nsx video and they don't like they said it should go back to japan where it belongs

divinewisdom said:
they didnt mention that the NSX-R ran on a raining day. they said the time should be .4 secs less. or was it 4 secs. cant remember.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ak47m203 said:
i've seen 1 nsx video and they don't like they said it should go back to japan where it belongs
i'm pretty damn sure they didn't say that. and i'm pretty sure they were quite impressived w/ the time that the old car got out especially in the rain. and i quote....because i saved the video on my comp months ago...

A) "1:33, that is fantastic uhh...that makes it 2 seconds faster than a ferrari 575 and 3 seconds faster than the aston martin vanquish thats fabulous."

B) " And bare in mind the dry try and everything...take another...take 4 seconds off for a dry track that's a very quik car"

A) "ohhh...that was a very wet track, and the Stig was REALLY was trying...oh my word..."

so u sure they said it should go back to nihon where it belongs? cuz i didn't hear anything of the sort. anyways, fact of the matter is..ths ns-r running on a platform/chassis more than a decade old can still give many guys a run for its money. anyone seen the BMI video of the m3 csl, ferrari modena, gallardo, murcielago, 996 auto and the nsr? the nsx r driven by gan-san was doing great, it out breaked every other car in the group...but just didn't have the RAW power to make it a competitor. i mean, it was hanging pretty well with a car that had exactly double its own hp. which i would consider a feat in its own.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
maybe should go back to japan and keep all the best honda there and dont share it with the rest of the world heehhehe NSX-R Mid engine rear wheel drive in a wet course damn.

Subaru Impreza STI - 1.30.1
Audi S4 - 1.30.9
Honda NSX Type R - 1.31.6
Volkswagen Golf R32 - 1.33.2
Volvo S60R - 1.35.0

look at those AWD cars... they are new some are more powerful but dang so near to old NSX..cant imagine if the NSX-R drive on the dry course.. wow dat would make a lot of diff

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
actually yes. that video is not the lap time videos or the stig test. it's the episode were they feature honda civic type r (first driven) then the nsx but not by jeremy the other small guy who driven the new corvette. actually he walked out of the car. i don't know if i can still find that vidz.

i wonder why skyline is not included in the lap times.

DAFeLUNG said:
i'm pretty damn sure they didn't say that. and i'm pretty sure they were quite impressived w/ the time that the old car got out especially in the rain. and i quote....because i saved the video on my comp months ago...

A) "1:33, that is fantastic uhh...that makes it 2 seconds faster than a ferrari 575 and 3 seconds faster than the aston martin vanquish thats fabulous."

B) " And bare in mind the dry try and everything...take another...take 4 seconds off for a dry track that's a very quik car"

A) "ohhh...that was a very wet track, and the Stig was REALLY was trying...oh my word..."

so u sure they said it should go back to nihon where it belongs? cuz i didn't hear anything of the sort. anyways, fact of the matter is..ths ns-r running on a platform/chassis more than a decade old can still give many guys a run for its money. anyone seen the BMI video of the m3 csl, ferrari modena, gallardo, murcielago, 996 auto and the nsr? the nsx r driven by gan-san was doing great, it out breaked every other car in the group...but just didn't have the RAW power to make it a competitor. i mean, it was hanging pretty well with a car that had exactly double its own hp. which i would consider a feat in its own.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
ak47m203 said:
actually yes. that video is not the lap time videos or the stig test. it's the episode were they feature honda civic type r (first driven) then the nsx but not by jeremy the other small guy who driven the new corvette. actually he walked out of the car. i don't know if i can still find that vidz.

i wonder why skyline is not included in the lap times.
ahahaha coz its too fast for the exotics and the muscle cars??? *joking*

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the NSX-R vid and it is FAST. Top Gear was very impressed. It was 1 min 31... BUT in the RAIN!!! They are suppose to take 4 SECONDS off that time.

NSX RULES!

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Some impressive times.

Cars that impressed me the most:
*Mitsubishi Evo VIII - 1.28.9 (Faster than BMW Alpine z8, 4 tenths of a sec slower than 500hp Viper)
*Ford Focus RS - 1.32.2 (FWD and 215hp only, yet only 4 tenths slower than rwd sports cars like M3/Rx8/350z)

The lotus elise was a bit of a dissapointment as was the Noble and the Espirit v8. I expected them to be a lot faster than that for some reason. I'll let the vanquish and 575M slide just because they're more GT car than pure-sportscar, but kinda sad seeing them get outlapped by $30k cars. Viper was kinda slow too considering the monstrous 500hp and 500lb-ft tq with even the base 400hp C6 turning up a faster lap time with the Ford GT being way ahead. Maybe it wasn't driven to its potential or something?

Some cars impressed, a few dissapointed.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
DAFeLUNG said:
:nod :nod
the nsx-r lost to the raw power of the porsche and mondena...its handling and braking outperformed every car in that group...people say nsx is overpriced...but i would say the opposite...fast, reliable, cheap...honda picked fast and reliable out of the three...that's why it costed so much...

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Hprelude92 said:
:nod :nod
the nsx-r lost to the raw power of the porsche and mondena...its handling and braking outperformed every car in that group...people say nsx is overpriced...but i would say the opposite...fast, reliable, cheap...honda picked fast and reliable out of the three...that's why it costed so much...
There's no such thing as "cheap" when you get into that market segment, but "value" is something that can be applied universly among all classes of cars. And it's tough labeling the NSX as a good "value" when you can get more performance and just as good reliability in cars like the vette and 911 for less. I don't know what the NSX-R goes for, but the regular NSX goes for 89-90k here. That's a good chunk of change.

The NSX is an excellent car, but it could be faster and offer more for the $$$. It was a good value back in 91 when it retailed for $62k and you looked at performance and quality for the $$$ and compared it to other cars in its class, but it is far from that today imo since the other sports-cars have progressed and changed throughout the years...Something the NSX really hasn't done which is why it has fallen behind.

I'm surprised Acura is charging almost 30,000 dollars more for a car that has been relatively unchanged for that period of time. It costed 62k back in 91 and it costs 90k now in 2005. Doubt inflation accounted for all of that. Somehow, the 2004 corvette z06 delivered more performance than the 1991 corvette ZR1, yet the 04 z06 costed about 10,000 less than the 91 ZR1. The high-performance vette has actually gotten cheaper while offering more for your $$$. In that same time, the NSX's price tag gained $28,000.

So if Acura priced the NSX at 62k in todays dollar, it would actually be a good value. Even 70k would be a decently good value. But 90k?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
actually i've seen 3 top gear video of nsx the first one was very old why because jeremy is like teenager no wringkles he was very young and it's a red nsx then a white one with stig on that two videos they liked it. i think the third one if i'm not mistaken is the yellow one and it's after a decade and nsx is still the same as they claimed that others improved a lot like the porche ferrari and nsx is still the same under powered etc that's why on that third video they don't like it anymore.

nas00 said:
I have the NSX-R vid and it is FAST. Top Gear was very impressed. It was 1 min 31... BUT in the RAIN!!! They are suppose to take 4 SECONDS off that time.

NSX RULES!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ak47m203 said:
actually i've seen 3 top gear video of nsx the first one was very old why because jeremy is like teenager no wringkles he was very young and it's a red nsx then a white one with stig on that two videos they liked it. i think the third one if i'm not mistaken is the yellow one and it's after a decade and nsx is still the same as they claimed that others improved a lot like the porche ferrari and nsx is still the same under powered etc that's why on that third video they don't like it anymore.
what are you talking about. the last video was the NSX-R, which only comes in white.

heres the real deal. what we were talking about. topgear.
http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexoticasite/soundandvideo/TopGear-2002Honda-NSX-R.mpg

1 - 20 of 36 Posts