Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WVU, There is an electrical switch that locks the converter on 2001 Honda Civic EX's. It is tied to the computer. I have an open reading in the circuit and a P0704 trouble code set, including the Maintenance required light. I have checked the oil and the car has 33,000 miles on it. I bought a Chilton manual and when it gets to the tranny it says to take it to the dealer. If I don't figure out the circuit soon I will just go to the dealer and drop my pants, bend over and show them the money.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
WVU, There is an electrical switch that locks the converter on 2001 Honda Civic EX's. It is tied to the computer. I have an open reading in the circuit and a P0704 trouble code set, including the Maintenance required light. I have checked the oil and the car has 33,000 miles on it. I bought a Chilton manual and when it gets to the tranny it says to take it to the dealer. If I don't figure out the circuit soon I will just go to the dealer and drop my pants, bend over and show them the money.
ohhhh i was confused as to what you were getting at. you said your tq convertor locked up. i though you meant you hadn't changed the fluid and the converter broke/locked

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.