Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fdfsddfsdfdsfdsdf
Allright, So as i post i'm saving money to buy a Type-R engine(is what i'm shooting for). So i have a couple questions here. Will a turbocharged Type-R be a lot faster than a turbocharged Gsr? How much faster in the quarter do you think? I did read a similar post but it didn't say specifically how much faster. I just don't want to invest all my HARD EARNED money into an engine, if i can almost get the same output but cheaper price. By the way, I'm doing a swap into my Ls body. So can i definatly get more horsepower from an R than i would a Gsr? (not talking the whole car, remember) Also one more thing... i've looked around and i can get a Type-R engine with lsd tranny for 4600 or so. Is that a good price and what are some reliable websites i can order from, I just don't want to get ripped off. Okay that about sums it up, i guess that was more than a couple questions, oops. Thanks guys. For real. :D

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
if ure looking to turbo out ur engine the type R would not be the best choice. its a high compression motor that is geared towards NA applications. high comp engines and forced induction dont mix well together. the GSR is not as strong as the c5 motor but still revs high and has a high enough comp ratio to where u would need to lower the compression in either case. turbo out an LS motor, they are a lot cheaper to replace if u blow them and will still put down decent power. but if u wana build a strong motor that will put down over 280 u will need to fully rebuild it bc honda motors were not meant for forced induction, at least not b series motors. u can put up some serious #s but if u want ur engine to last and run right u will need to build ur motor.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
if you are looking to turbo GSR is the better bet off the bat. If you already have an R then turbo that. But the GSR will be considerably cheaper

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, so now i know that a turbo'd GSR is a lot cheaper and that a Type r engine is not really meant to be turbo'd. Thanks for the help. So how come the Type R engine isn't meant to be turbo'd? Are the pistons and cams not strong enough to support the turbine of a turbo? Sorry i just don't understand all that well. I mean putting money aside, wouldn't it make more sense to turbo a Type R engine to get more horsepower as opposed to a GSR engine? :bh

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Type-R_4Lyfe said:
Okay, so now i know that a turbo'd GSR is a lot cheaper and that a Type r engine is not really meant to be turbo'd. Thanks for the help. So how come the Type R engine isn't meant to be turbo'd? Are the pistons and cams not strong enough to support the turbine of a turbo? Sorry i just don't understand all that well. I mean putting money aside, wouldn't it make more sense to turbo a Type R engine to get more horsepower as opposed to a GSR engine? :bh
the b18c1(GSR motor) and b18c5(type r motor) both werent really meant to be turboed. they are high compression vtec engines. the c5 engine has a high compression ratio 11:1 and the c1 is about 10:1 depending on if its a US or JDM motor. turbos are too harsh on high compression engines, they cause it to wear much faster and eat away at the internals because of the pounds of boost. if u want to boost a high compressoin engine like the c1/c5 then u need to rebuild it and lower the compression. a safe turbo compression is about 9:1 or lower. the c5 will make more power when its turboed but it wont last long on stock internals. both motors will make great power with a decent turbo but they need to be built so that they will last and stand up to boost. the c5 is better for building all motor than it is turboing it out. the c1 is also a good motor to build up with a NA set up but it can take boost as well. ure giong to want to resleeve the block, put new rods, low comp. pistons, and good tuning. if u have the money then go for the c1 since its not as high compression as the c5.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
It can be done. But you gotta have a good tune and know what your doing.
They both have the same weaknesses thoughg compression aside.
They both have higher compression and both run stock bullshit Cast Honda pistons that will melt and crack ringlands.

ive boosted an R very wellin my eyes. But I didnt skimp out on anything and knew what i was doing

·
Registered
69 Posts
does any one here know what there talking about??????
Thats rubbish a Gsr motor or known to me and Japan as a Vtir is an easily turbo'd engine u can run 9 pounds boost or even 10 on stock internals and have a killer engine thatll pump out some 140wkwts to even 160 kw and u can even keep the high compression. Why would u go out and spend money getting the thing decompressed and then go and run high boost to get the same results???
U can run low boost and eat many cars eg: skylines and such.
But I dont recomend destroying a N/A engine like a R with a turbo, just go with the gsr on stock internals and ull have no probs

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
tegstar83 said:
does any one here know what there talking about??????
Thats rubbish a Gsr motor or known to me and Japan as a Vtir is an easily turbo'd engine u can run 9 pounds boost or even 10 on stock internals and have a killer engine thatll pump out some 140wkwts to even 160 kw and u can even keep the high compression. Why would u go out and spend money getting the thing decompressed and then go and run high boost to get the same results???
U can run low boost and eat many cars eg: skylines and such.
But I dont recomend destroying a N/A engine like a R with a turbo, just go with the gsr on stock internals and ull have no probs
:noo ull NEVER eat a tuned and built skyline. honda motors were never intended for boost. my brother had a 97 GSR that was boosted on 8lbs or so on stock internals. after about two years it finallly gave way as his pistons and valves were eatin alive.

·
Registered
69 Posts
acuragsr18 said:
:noo ull NEVER eat a tuned and built skyline. honda motors were never intended for boost. my brother had a 97 GSR that was boosted on 8lbs or so on stock internals. after about two years it finallly gave way as his pistons and valves were eatin alive.
Read the post does it say anything about a TUNED SKYLINE???? :rolleyes

And It all depends on how u build and tune the motor, maybe ur bro dosnt know hot to drive :idiots

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
tegstar83 said:
Read the post does it say anything about a TUNED SKYLINE???? :rolleyes

And It all depends on how u build and tune the motor, maybe ur bro dosnt know hot to drive :idiots
knowing how to drive and not to drive makes no difference on a high reving honda motor that is pushing boost on stock internals. have u ever wondered WHY the japanese go all motor with hondas instead of boosting them....oh thats right...honda likes the 8k+ rev while pushing 12+ compression. i dont care wut honda engine u have, u boost it and it will wear ur engine much faster than it normally would. a honda with low boost would never eat a skyline that was stock, itd be a good race but thats just nuts. the skyline is an entirely different car. i dont care how many pounds u push a skyline will ALWAYS have more potential and capabilities. maybe comparing a honda on low boost to one of the premier sports cars ever disgned isnt the best way to get ur point across. dont get me wrong i loooove hondas, but i cant see a low boosted c1 taking a skyline. if ure going to sit here and say that boosting c1s wont do anything to the engine ure full of it, go into the forced induction forum with that claim...ppl will have their way with u. im done with this non sense :idiots

·
Registered
69 Posts
acuragsr18 said:
knowing how to drive and not to drive makes no difference on a high reving honda motor that is pushing boost on stock internals. have u ever wondered WHY the japanese go all motor with hondas instead of boosting them....oh thats right...honda likes the 8k+ rev while pushing 12+ compression. i dont care wut honda engine u have, u boost it and it will wear ur engine much faster than it normally would. a honda with low boost would never eat a skyline that was stock, itd be a good race but thats just nuts. the skyline is an entirely different car. i dont care how many pounds u push a skyline will ALWAYS have more potential and capabilities. maybe comparing a honda on low boost to one of the premier sports cars ever disgned isnt the best way to get ur point across. dont get me wrong i loooove hondas, but i cant see a low boosted c1 taking a skyline. if ure going to sit here and say that boosting c1s wont do anything to the engine ure full of it, go into the forced induction forum with that claim...ppl will have their way with u. im done with this non sense :idiots
Well how about I tell u to go get FVCKED :fu Ur a fvcken dickhead that knows shit! U seem to forget that a skyline weighs 1500kg plus u moron. Where a teg weighs at least 500kgs less.
Ive seen many boosted hondas B16, B18 on stock internal rape skylines and they last for ages they dont fuck up like urs, sounds like u got shit tuners that dont know fuk all about tuning, and u think u know it all.
Just go put some more pretty pics on ur sig cause thats all u seem to know.
I wont waste my time anymore with a ****** noob like urself any more so go eat a dick kunt!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
tegstar83 said:
Well how about I tell u to go get FVCKED :fu Ur a fvcken dickhead that knows shit! U seem to forget that a skyline weighs 1500kg plus u moron. Where a teg weighs at least 500kgs less.
Ive seen many boosted hondas B16, B18 on stock internal rape skylines and they last for ages they dont fuck up like urs, sounds like u got shit tuners that dont know fuk all about tuning, and u think u know it all.
Just go put some more pretty pics on ur sig cause thats all u seem to know.
I wont waste my time anymore with a ****** noob like urself any more so go eat a dick kunt!
:lol spoken like a true bitch. looks like ur mr know it all, mr boosted honda guru, the one who has seen low boosted hondas eat skylines. yeah we do have shit tuners....group 5, AEBS, Signal just to name a few u fucking reject. his car was untuned, prob why it blew up. u seem to like pretty pictures so let me me post one up for u

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.