Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a set of Toyo T1-S tires in a 205/50/15 on a Civic. After reading many reviews, it seems that these tires are comparable to the Bridgestone Potenza S-03's. These tires are ultra high performance summer tires. They do extremely well in both wet and dry, but are not suitable for snow/ice.

These tires replaced my old Yokohama ES100s. The Yoks were worn, but the Toyo's handle better in the wet than the Yoks did in the dry. I have been very happy with them in street driving and noticed that they are much more stable at high speeds than the Yoks are. I would end up at 90mph before I even knew it.

I did an HPDE at www.virclub.com on VIR full course this past weekend. I did 6 30-min sessions. The tires handled exceptionally well on all sections of the track and did very well under hard braking. The tires typically gave adequate warning before braking loose, but on occassion, you would feel the slide but they would hardly make a noise. No worries here as this is normal of ultra high performance tires.

Another plus of these tires is that it is 2lbs lighter than the Bridgestone S-03 in the same size. I picked up this set for $480 mounted/balanced/road-hazard/etc. After seeing how well they handled on the track. I would not hesitate buying another set.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think that your tire size choice helped.
The stock spec are 195/65/R15
205/50/R15 is what I go with in my 99 SI.
And it looks better too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Toyo Tires

Yes , I have some on my 98 Gsr I bought a month ago & I agree they're nice tires. The guy who had the car put some on a few months ago. In the winter I'm going to put my steel wheels on from my 91 Civic Si because not good in snow.I'm not driving my car in any snow either. I'll use the Civic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts