Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Toyota Tundra Stepside Concept

The Stepside is a show version of a new addition to the Tundra lineup that will arrive at Toyota dealers this fall. It is a collaborative effort between Toyota Motor Sales USA, Toyota Motor Corporation of Japan and Toyota Racing Development (TRD).

The Stepside show truck was designed to reach out to full-size pickup buyers who want to add a little flair to their trucks. It houses the sophisticated 4.7-liter i-Force V8 engine that delivers 240 horsepower and 315 lbs.-ft. of torque. The concept is based on the Tundra Limited Access Cab.

The Stepside owes its powerful stance to a sport suspension package that lowers the vehicle from the stock Tundra by about four inches and includes unique shock absorbers, sport-tuned suspension and rear stabilizer bar. Road-gripping BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW tires are wrapped around brawny three-piece chromed alloy 20-inch HRE Performance wheels. The finishing touch is a TRD Tundra dual cat-back exhaust, which adds a distinctive tone upon acceleration as well as approximately six horsepower.

STEPSIDE BED:
Length: 76.5 inches, Inside Bed Width: 49.1 inches, Inside Bed Width between, Wheelwells: 49.3 inches, Depth: 19.0 inches.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you look at the first Pic to the rear!

try to cover the cab part of the truck!
ok?
Now what do you see?
F-150 look?????
That;s what i through

·
Registered
547 Posts
too bad..for toyota I was really liking the idea of a stepside Tundra. That isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I like the front and the sides but the back is just fugly!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah, the back needs to be redone. I don't care for the wheels, either. They're nice but they don't belong on a truck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't like that one bit

·
Registered
365 Posts
So this is what a S-runner looks like when it grows up.

I'm all for it. But they really need to sit a supercharger on it.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
ive seen worse, its really not all that bad.....i'd never personally drive it tho:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts