Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
just take your throttle body off (four bolts) then use like a dremel or other rotory tool with a cut off wheel to cut a slit in what looks like the head of a rivet. Once you have made a slit in it, unscrew it with a flathead screwdriver, they are threaded and screw right in, right out. You can use the TPS from just about any honda with multi point fuel injection. Stay away from the TPS from an 88-91 dx, they look the same but work backwards

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
ccpanel said:
need a new TPS for my 91 crx hf.
bone stock. needs to pass smog, 150 miles/day.
current one is rivited on-can i drill/tap new one in place?
thanks
it rivited but to take it off take a flat headskrew driver and a hammer and do left lousie and right tighting(which everway that well loosen it). Take the flat head skrew driver line it to the little rivited and hit with the hammer to loosenit, and do it to all of them it should pop right off! you have to hit it kinda hard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DX backwards TPS

thanks for the very good info! im sure as soon as i put one on it would ahve been the DX... ha! and i know how to adjust with voltage and all that.
found a great aussie site with tons of tech tips about all kinds of stuff forr 91 vintage honda. brakes, cv joints, tps, throttle body.. all that stuff.
mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.