Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive had this sputtering problem with my car...It sputters when I acclerate between like 1500 and 4000rpm....people have told me its the ignition system, I changed the cap and wires and stuff, still does it, this one guy said his lude did the same thing, replaced the coil, and it worked..I dont have the moneys to change it, so, havent done that yet, other people tell me it can be the tps, but if its the tps, wont the check engine light come on?

·
Registered
271 Posts
No, not necessarily. My TPS has a flat spot, and there has never been a check engine light. I have yet to get around to replacing the TPS, but I've checked/replaced just about everything else. Cap, rotor, wires, plugs, fuel filter, MAP sensor, O2 sensors . . . . probably other things that I can't remember now.

But bear in mind a stutter or hesitation can be caused by any of a hundred different things. In my case, it's the TPS. And whenever I get around to doing something about it, I'll submit a full write-up of the experience, since many Preludes seem to suffer from this elusive annoying malady.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts