Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My zc came with the tps unscrewed. i found bolts that fit but i need to know if the plug part of it should be facing up or down. I think down, but i saw a pic with it up, just want to settle it now.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
TPS should always face down. It's down because that's the way it fits... if it's up it would be backwards, I mean that the little plastic arm on the tps wouldn't fit in the little brackets inside the housing. Also you know it's down because the harness would come UP to it, and not up and over like an upside down 'J'

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
how about for a 88-91 civic?? At wide open throttle it doesn't get to 5v it's like 4.8 or so, and the idle is at .47??? I wasn't sure if that was correct... i did a MPFI swap and didnt know what to calibrate it to. Also there is no way to adjust the wide open is there? I mean it's two different readings using the same adjustment technique (turning the TPS) right?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
is there a way to test the voltage at the ECU? I am having a problem with my MPFI swap and I think it might have something to do with the tps voltage. I recalibrated it, but to .47 at idle... wide open isn't reaching 5v. Is there a way to test at the ECU? I am wondering if that is the problem for the surging when i rev up the engine. It surges at a lower RPM and then smooths out once it starts to get opened up more, then when i let the gas go it surges through the RPM Band and then goes quieter than normal in the idle speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts