Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....has anyone done this? I am just curious as to how well that ends up working out. Is it better negotiating a sell with a private party as opposed to getting shafted by the dealers trade-in allowance? Anyone done this before? Any suggestions are greatly appeciated (girlfriend wants to trade in her Prelude that she still owes on).

Thanks!

·
Registered
372 Posts
It all depends ....

The first thing you need to do is get a determined price on what she's getting her new car for. Do this before you even mention a trade in or cash down payment. From this point you can see how much they'd be willing to give for her Prelude. If they agree to pay it off, or give more than what she owes on it ... I'd say trade it.

If they don't want to give her what she at least owes on it I'd put it up for sell. Price the car for about 1,000.00 more than pay off cause someone is gauranteed to haggle with you over the price.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Don't trade in a car... it's never worth it. Also, go to www.carbuyingtips.com it's a great site that will answer most of your questions. Try selling the car other than trading it in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DV8 said:
Don't trade in a car... it's never worth it. Also, go to www.carbuyingtips.com it's a great site that will answer most of your questions. Try selling the car other than trading it in.
thats what everyone has been telling me... I wonder how much she is going to und up in the hole after selling it, as long as its not a big loss I think it wont be a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.