Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got an 88 hf auto...I am going to do a changeover
to a manual. I have a 90 crx si for parts. My question is can i use
all the tranny parts off the si to put on the hf and should i just go ahead and use the whole motor and everything out of the si. i am planning to do a swap...b16 or b20 any thoughts or suggestions??????? Also if i have somebody change it over how much is too much?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think you should use everything, use the whole transmission, motor, pedal assembly, clutch cable, ecu, etc. That's if it's in good working order. Anybody else got any take on this?

·
Registered
171 Posts
yeah
you will pretty much have to change over everything, especially since you are converting from a auto to manual, that includes the computer wiring harness and everything in the engine bay.
you might want to go buy a 12pack and have your grandmother say a little prayer for you, sounds like a pretty good size project.
good luck my man.

Laters...
[email protected]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the thoughts.. I just can't decide if i should
use the motor and everything. If i use the motor then i am going to ring and bore and probally work the head. I just don't it will be worth it spend the money or just save it and use it on the b16..I am definitly going to go ahead a make it a 5speed...I hate autos

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
save up for a b16 and wait till then to convert to 5spd

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hes got a point, are you sure you have an HF? does the manifold say DPFI or PGMFI?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pgmfi is what it says....I was stupid and traded my civic for it and that is what i was told. I looked on the title but all it said was 2h so i wasn't sure. I do know know that the damn thing won't stay in first over 4500 rpms which really sucks. The only thing i am worried about is the dash stuff. There is a shop down here that will do the change over for 400 but i thought that sounded a little high. What do you guys think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.