Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so taking that step to obtaining bulletproof status for the accord tranny would be beneficial right?, i have an 02 accord dx with 61500 miles and the tranny is slugglish going to 1st and i get a bad bang , slippage. i took care of the tranny, multiple flushes, drain/refills, treatments. i hope level 10 can fix my tranny problem and im thinking on giving the shifttronic thing a go. if i get that, are there any places that sell a sleek looking shift lever console for the accord

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
level10 is a reputable company, but auto status is really sucky for performance in pretty much any japanese import.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do you mean by that? is it bad after the mod has been made or before? is u say before then absolutely, if after then im a little skeptical about that. did you have any experience with level10?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
it's a waste of money trying to build an automatic japanese transmission.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
they are an import brand. the honda auto tranny sucks ass. as do toyota's, mazda's, mitsubishi's and subaru's. why are you making it so difficult w/ stupid trivial shit? what's so hard to understand about auto trannies sucking? seriously, this conversation would have been over a long time ago.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
they are an import brand. the honda auto tranny sucks ass. as do toyota's, mazda's, mitsubishi's and subaru's
Sadly, one of those companies auto is far less fragile than it's manual bretheren. The wrx auto, while still being a slush box, holds up to abuse far better than the 5 speeds do, add a decent TC(like a level 10) and now we're talking. The 6 speed is a different story though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the fucking problem with Ultra, always senseless talk like your the fucking einstein of cars. What you said there was biased based on your opinion. not japanese trannies suck, nissan make good trannies if not nissan who actually makes them.
If you are bothered by the convo, then isolate yourself from it. who says you have to answer to everything a person says. its sad i got into some busllhit quarrell and go off course on the tranny issue.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
honda auto trannies suck when it comes to performance, hence why i converted to a stick when i blew up my auto. i wouldnt even dare venture into boosting my f22 like i am now if i was still auto... also they suck because they are boring to drive and theres no skill behind driving one.

they are great for the average commuter who will drive the car 200k and will hardly see anything over 6.5k rpms (like my mom), but they suck as far as performance. Anything over the stock crank hp is over the threshold of the auto tranny.

now the argument the problem lies on America can be easily rebutted. i am by no means a domestic enthusiast but look at all the old American muscle cars with big blocks putting down insane hp but most important, insane TORQUE #'s (which is what really matters in drivetrain stress) w/o a hitch.

not all import auto trannies are terrible. the fastest supra in the world is automatic. turbo supras only came in 6spd or auto and the autos from what i have read can take a good amount of power. i understand having an auto to compete for the fastest supra in the world because of consistancy, turbo lag, and other issues but as a normal enthusiast would you pay oodles of money for car that has so much potential but not be able to have a feel for the car or fully control it. same goes for a honda, you spend oodles of money to get it fast and then oodles of more money to beef up the tq convert, clutch packets, and change the stall speed, but then lose about 20% of power through the auto drivetrain AND you will never be able to feel full control of the car. theres no fun in just stepping on the pedal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.