Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys about half an hour a go I came to this very long straight line and it was clear so my vtec blood tells me to floor it so I did in second gear and mis third so i keept going on neutral and in the next stop sing I stoped and when is time to trow third gear my car wouldnt take it. Im having the problem only at hi rpm. Could it be the third gear syncro? Please let me know what ya think. by the way is 2000 ebp si with k&n dropin filter, dc-4 to 1 heather, dc catback, aem fpr and act extreme preassure plate with a 4 puck disk. thanks.:confused:

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
SCREAMINGSI said:
well guys about half an hour a go I came to this very long straight line and it was clear so my vtec blood tells me to floor it so I did in second gear and mis third so i keept going on neutral and in the next stop sing I stoped and when is time to trow third gear my car wouldnt take it. Im having the problem only at hi rpm. Could it be the third gear syncro? Please let me know what ya think. by the way is 2000 ebp si with k&n dropin filter, dc-4 to 1 heather, dc catback, aem fpr and act extreme preassure plate with a 4 puck disk. thanks.:confused:
Yup it sounds like your 3rd gear syncro, like almost every other si.

If your under 36,000 miles Honda should take care of it for you, but with your mods they might give you shit. It's worth a try though.

Where are you located, because our dealership is really good about doing work on moded cars. It may be worth the drive.

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Re: Re: tranny problem

v00tecsi said:

Yup it sounds like your 3rd gear syncro, like almost every other si.

If your under 36,000 miles Honda should take care of it for you, but with your mods they might give you shit. It's worth a try though.

Where are you located, because our dealership is really good about doing work on moded cars. It may be worth the drive.
Nevermind, you live in PR ahha opps I didn't look at your profile.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YUP YOUR RIGHT

WELL MY BEST FRIEND KNOWS THE GENERAL MANEGER FOR ALL THE HONDA DEALERS AND I EXPLAINED HIM THE TROUBLE I HAVE, SO HE TOLD ME TO PUT MY STOCK CLUTCH AND THEY WILL TRADE IT AT THE DEALER FOR FREE. WOHOOOOOOO.:D THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ANSWERS. BY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.