Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 accord v6, with like 13000miles on the odm.. and lately i've notice sluggish shifts, and its hard getting it out of gear from park..i know about your crappy tranny's.. so is it time to take it in and get a new tranny.??

· Registered
13 Posts
i've had that problem too, along with a bunch of others. windshield wiper squirters don't spray properly, side airbag indicator comes on randomly, constant smell of burning oil (i've done a full engine check, cannot find any leaks or problems), rear taillights have burnt out of me several times, sun roof has a slight rattle, and when steering quickly it seems as if the powersteering is going out. maybe iss juss because they fucked up on my accord but iss a 2001 honda accord with 18,000 mi.

· Registered
69 Posts
if you did need a new tranny would Honda's warranty still cover you, even though your car is modded, like intake headers and exhaust?

· Registered
26 Posts
Tranny Problem?

That really isn't a tranny problem. The V6 is known to be a very unusual in terms of it characterisitics. That doesn't mean problem. The slow shifting you described is actually normal. Go upgrade the torque converter to eliminate the slughish shifting. If you drive the car hard, you should change the Tranny Fluid every 15000k. If you drive under normal conditions, you can hold out until 30k. One suggestion as many v6er's will tell you, is to go buy a tranny cooler. Hayden Model 403.

· Registered
135 Posts
My tranny has been pretty sluggish too. Started noticing it at around 50k miles...? I got a tranny job recently at jiffy lube and it seemed to help the problem a little bit in the begnning, but the problem is back now. I'm at 60k right now and every time I go WOT, or pretty much when it tries to shift from like 3rd to 2nd, or 4th to 3rd (one of these), there's a huge, rough jerk on my car. Also, sometimes when I shift from P to R or D4 or somethin, theres a jerk as well. (i'm not talkin about those small jerks which i know are normal, these i can feel pretty noticeably). isnt the 98-00 tranny covered until 105k miles or something for a factory defect? i could swear i read about this somewhere. but yah, the tranny is definitely going...any suggestions?

· Banned
31 Posts
I have noticed all those in my cuzins accord, he put a jet chip in it, when you go from park to reverse it rolls then jerks, also first gear and you take the foot off the break it revs then it starts to go, not fun. I feel for you guys!

Did you do a lot of spinning of the tires...I had a 99 accord no problems but I didnt own it long enough to find that problem, I lost it in an s curve, but my 04 accord seems to do alittle bit of the same with 2,000 miles on it

· Registered
30 Posts
morganjp94 said:
I have noticed all those in my cuzins accord, he put a jet chip in it, when you go from park to reverse it rolls then jerks, also first gear and you take the foot off the break it revs then it starts to go, not fun. I feel for you guys!

Did you do a lot of spinning of the tires...I had a 99 accord no problems but I didnt own it long enough to find that problem, I lost it in an s curve, but my 04 accord seems to do alittle bit of the same with 2,000 miles on it

Wait, don't you have a 6-speed? The 6-Speeds are worlds different in design from the Auto's. It's almost impossible to judge whether one problem on an auto would be the same problem on a manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.