Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im buying a 90 crx wwith a b16. Im going to go check it out on wednesday. my question is he told me that it starts and everything but that it wont go into gear. He told me that either he needs a 91 integra clutch cable or he put the bearing thats in the clutch assembly backwards. Does any of that sound right? If its the bearing I can fix that and if its the clutch cable I'll use one I got. thanx

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
njn63 said:
if your friend wants to advertise his shop, he'll have to contact Mike_SHO. Until then, please quit spamming and trying to send everyone there.

My brother had an ebay exedy clutch in his eclipse and i have a different type (not even sure what brand, i got it from a friend) that came off of ebay in the 93 Civic. Both work great and are plenty of clutch for a b16. The only thing i'd recomend is getting Honda bearings (throwout, can't remember the other one right now) from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com or a dealer.

dude stfu I can post whatever sites I want to on here as many times as I want. U post all kinds of sites, too advertising for www.hondaautomotiveparts.com so stfu thats the point of a forum its OPEN and anyone can post whatever they want so if you dont like it then tough shit. All I was doing was trying to help someone out but it looks like you would like to just start a flame-war instead of helping out othe SHO members and talk shit on me and my friends shop. Thanks. I hope you feel big now.....

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
ok look bro I am not spamming for anyone's shop. But he has proven to me as a worthy shop owner. He has always gotten the best prices he can and always gets parts quick. I remember I was looking for a clutch for my EG a long time ago and I found just the disk online for $70 so I ordered it then I talked to speed-garage and he told me he could get me the whole clutch assembly w flywheel/throwout bearing etc for $100 I felt like an idiot. He also got me a good price on the KYB adjustables back then all 3 for $320 when they retailed $360 everywhere else I went and he got them very fast. He also got me the Energy Suspension Master Kit for like $100 and the extra trailing arm bushings for liek an extra $10 or something. Man all I was saying was that speed-garage is a good shop and I know the owner and I trust him to get all and any parts from him.........if anyone asks where a good place to go is for motor swaps or any performance parts then I would/will recommend www.speed-garage.com

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tranny

njn63 said:
To me it sounds like a tranny issue. Which shift rods did he use?

And if you need a clutch just get an "exedy" kit off of ebay for like $100.
What are shift rods. What kind of problems could it be? Could installing anything on the clutch assembly wrong keep it from shifting?

·
Registered
714 Posts
You can use a crx si shift cable if you modify the end of it to make it long enough. But a 90-93 teg cable will fit right in. If the cable is too loose it will cause your problem. If the guy put the throwout bearing in backwards, it would make loud racket when the clutch pedal was depresed. Im leaning torwards shift linkage or cable.

In other words the clutch is not disengaging enough to let the gears mesh at idle. Try cranking the car in gear with the clutch pressed in and then drive it around the yard, revmatching to shift gears, if the gears shift then it is the cable.(it will be hard to shift but if they do then you know the problem)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes

yes It moves and I wanna try starting it in first but now I have another prob.
ok now car wont start. I put everything back together and now the check engine light wont flash when ignition on. Car doesnt start and I checked main relay everything looks good. Maybe a ground or what?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes!!!! Ok I looked around at the starter and distributor and noticed a 3 wire ground that comes from the wiring to the distributor and is supose to bolt to the starter....hooked that up and got power to the ecu and everything. Now there is no spark. Checked for power on the two pin connector on the distributor...have power. I also have a code 15 on my pw0 ecu. no signal im guessin...anyone have a wiring diagram to the ecu pinouts they can send to me? [email protected] thanx!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.