Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes (i think when the car is warmed up) i shift into D3/D4 from reverse or neutral and it takes about 2 seconds to shift and then when i release the brake and just about to press the accelerator theres a jerking motion like the car is going to stall or somethign for about a second. Is this normal or is there a problem with my tranny?

· Registered
324 Posts
My tranny jerks as well but does not have the shift delay you mentioned. I think its all in our minds b/c we keep on hearing about tranny failures but in reality there is actually like a >5% chance of it actually failing. Its probably nothing, but you can bring it back to the dealer to assure yourself.

· Registered
252 Posts
it doesn't happen to everyone...and it could be a sign of something up with your tranny....but instead of just letting off the brake and letting it slam...keep your foot on the brake and wait a couple more seconds until it finally jerks into gear....

· Registered
278 Posts
divinewisdom said:
yeap i get that jerking motion too, from a complete stop. and my tranny only has about 13,000 miles on it. i replace my tranny at about 55,000. shit i think its going to go again. i dont like these tranny at all.

and rightfully so a honda of america executive told pat barrett what everybody already know's "it's a bad design".:eek:

· Registered
278 Posts
Oneqwkv6 said:
I get that same jerking motion from the trans. and when I called pat barrett, he said I should wait 15 seconds til I shift into 1st.
How's the car coming l.iaccord?
My car is a beast now....

they are taking there time!!! i drove out there last wed.(1:30 min.)to get there and spoke to pat personally. i spoke with him by phone today and he said friday,but frankly i dont have much faith in them anymore . i just want a functioning trans. so i can flip the car and get a real performance car( is 300 w/500whp and 5-speed):mad:

· Registered
355 Posts
l.i.accord said:
they are taking there time!!! i drove out there last wed.(1:30 min.)to get there and spoke to pat personally. i spoke with him by phone today and he said friday,but frankly i dont have much faith in them anymore . i just want a functioning trans. so i can flip the car and get a real performance car( is 300 w/500whp and 5-speed):mad:
damn dude...sorry to hear your morale is so low especially after all the $$,$$$ you spent :(

Just be sure your insurance is aware of all of the mods and money invested in your car and that they agree to cover it before you go out and do something crazy ;) :D

· Registered
278 Posts
SteVTEC said:
damn dude...sorry to hear your morale is so low especially after all the $$,$$$ you spent :(

Just be sure your insurance is aware of all of the mods and money invested in your car and that they agree to cover it before you go out and do something crazy ;) :D

gee steve what do you mean by that cryptic reference!!:D

· Registered
13 Posts
What problem are they having with the trans.?
I know pat was having a problem with my 3rd gear til he corrected the problem. I still give them respect cause that torque converter off the line does wonders and the shifts are faster than any stick I rode in. I hope they aren't getting a bad reputation...

· Registered
278 Posts
Oneqwkv6 said:
What problem are they having with the trans.?
I know pat was having a problem with my 3rd gear til he corrected the problem. I still give them respect cause that torque converter off the line does wonders and the shifts are faster than any stick I rode in. I hope they aren't getting a bad reputation...

i dont have anything bad to say it's that im frustrated first they had just the tranny for 3+month's then the car it self twice. this time for almost a month .they havent shown me anything and im going crazy. the last time i broke down about a mile from performance factory and they had to send vinny's trailer for me +it cost me $200.00 to have a flatbed take it to level-10 so far the 2-time's they sent the car out it hasnt functioned properly. if it happens again im gonna flip. :mad: this has been going on since early september almost 7-month's and to be honest after all of this i dont know how long it will hold up. if it function's properly when i get it back.:confused:

· Registered
9,883 Posts
ahhhh...i see. and this pat garret guy has actually gotten something from honda saying its a bad design? of course i dont think he would ever get anything about it on paper from honda. did he?

thats why i encourage people to call america honda if their tranny fails. more likey than not, honda will give you a new tranny.
thats what i did, well with the help of my service advisor at the honda dealer.

· Registered
278 Posts
divinewisdom said:
ahhhh...i see. and this pat garret guy has actually gotten something from honda saying its a bad design? of course i dont think he would ever get anything about it on paper from honda. did he?

thats why i encourage people to call america honda if their tranny fails. more likey than not, honda will give you a new tranny.
thats what i did, well with the help of my service advisor at the honda dealer.

also what's worked for me is a good old fashioned pay-off to the service advisor (something no one on here mention's ) money talk's if all else fail's. if you take care of the service advisor(if all else fail's )you still come out ahead.:cool:

· Registered
9,883 Posts
l.i.accord said:

also what's worked for me is a good old fashioned pay-off to the service advisor (something no one on here mention's ) money talk's if all else fail's. if you take care of the service advisor(if all else fail's )you still come out ahead.:cool:
true. just need to make the service advisor feel they are apreciated. like sending a card for christmas or seomthing.

· Registered
13 Posts
Has your warranty been in effect since sept.?
Because my warranty will not be effective til they fix my 3rd gear but what I can't understand is I have not had a problem yet.
I guess I will have to wait til I brake down then I will go apeshit!!!:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.