Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well like all of you im sure you drive your car hard sometimes. well now i think my tranny has taken the beating. sometimes when im driving, auto transmissioin BTW, and when it shifts from 2 to 3rd it seems to rev higher before third gear catches... now im thinking that its the gears, but the thing is that it dosent hapen all the time. could it be the ATF??? well if my transmission is shot about ow much is a used one??? and how hard is it to replace??? would it be economical to switch to a 5 speed if i must replace the transmission???

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
mine used to do that too....so i decided to take mine out, swap in an h22 motor and change to h22 5spd tranny too.

anyways most likely it is your ATF. when i had the automatic in there, it used to rev high in first then catch in second (sometimes it would chirp hahaha). this happened when the engine was still cold. when i pulled out my motor, i popped open the tranny and my atf was just burnt to hell. that shit was blacker than...well blacker than Nighthawk Black Pearl hahaha. if it's not that, then well, your torque converter is probably shot. as for costs? I have an extra 5spd accord tranny in my garage. selling for $400. if you want the complete change over set too, i can get one for another $400.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok man well ill def. keep that in mind. but im really not sure if it will be worth a 5 sp swap... i really want the new coupe 6sp. but well see...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts