Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have located a JDM sol in the United states with a working trans-top and have been given a price for just the complete trans-top portion. This includes, Ecu, hydraulic arms, complete trunk, the whole roof, the switch. The only thing is that the
Ecu is cut out and so are the wires connected to the trunk.
He wants $1800 for it, plus shipping. My dad is an electrician, so he will be able to figure out the wiring. Problem is If I run into problems anyone know of any resources? I mean if I need to figure out somethign with the transtop. Where can I get a japanese service manual that will show the setup pf the transtop?
You guys think it is worth $1800? Going to try to talk him down.
I may fly out to California to check it out. I think airfaire is still kinda cheap right? I am deadly serious about getting this, it is truely something I wanna do , cause no one else in the united states, as far as I know has done this. I know it will add about 150lbs but it is well worth it. Another question, can teh transtop be stopped once it is in motion? Can you stop it once it is in all the way up? I was thinking it would be sweet to attach a lightweight sub box under the transtop and when it goes up stop it at it's maximum, it would raise the box too! tell me what you guys/gals think.
Sime/flamereka

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can get it for $1600.plus shipping and he will provide all things needed, complete installation guide but in japanese. I know a guy who can translate it for me. Do you think it is worth the money? I mean if I go for it and decided it wasn't for me I could resell it for the same price I got for it? I take your opinions seriously guys/gals.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
by who? that guy inteh picture is in canada I think.Heh Still how many people actually have it? not many and that is what attracts me to it everyone and their mother has a body kit. Not dissing on anyone but I would like to be original.

· Registered
17 Posts
I've got one, and I repeat this every time someone suggests doing this:

TransTops aren't that great.

>>If they break, you're f*cked. And they do break.

>>People stare when you open / close it, and it's a bit embarrassing.

>>They're heavy.

Save the money, and get a B16A. Now they're sensational :D

· Registered
31 Posts
do what you feel like, if you want it then get it. but if you dont then spend the money else where. i really dont like the way they look when in motion. but im a lazzzzzy ass so i kind like them in that way.

· Registered
9 Posts
about TTP

hi, I have a JDM SiR Transtop.
transtop(TTP) is heavy, but it's cool, i think.

before you get that system, you should know about TTP system.

it takes about 45 sec. to close/open the roof.

you can stop the motion any time you want, with releasing switch.

TTP has a "tilter unit" ......the cogs of gear in this unit disintegrate easy.

if you want the TTP system, you should buy spare one or metal gear together.
thread about spare gear :Del Sol Tilter Mechanism cogs

· Registered
17 Posts
Del, I'm so emarrassed for patronising you like that!

Anyways - I always mean to ask you how the mini project is going.

I think you're completely insane dropping a B16A in a mini.

But insane in a good way:D

· Registered
67 Posts
I've installed 3 transtops into Sols over here in Europe. They are a pain in the ass and have a tendency to break down often. Then you get to manually crank down the top again which takes FOOOOOOOOOOREVER... plus not to mention the amount of welding and refabbing of mounts that you need to do. The easiest way I found to do it was to basically chop the cars in half and re-attach them, rather then to mount everything over from the one to the other. As with everything though if you got the time, money and patience... you need ALOT of patience. Then yes, by all means go for it. Tip to the wise though, find a buddy whose stationed over in Germany and get him to ship you back an EDM LHD Transtop Sol. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.