Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a fully built b16a turboed with a b16 tranny with LSD. i keep having problems breaking the tranny. i want to build it a little. i am going to put carbon synchros in but trying to see what else i should get that will hold about 400-500 HP. the car is 315HP to the wheels but will be more pretty soon. ANY ideas pleasee THANK YOU

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
with only 315 to the wheels you should not be breaking anything. what exactly is happening?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
It sounds like you don't know how to pre-load the drivetrain. and your smashing a gob of HP onto the gears/shafts.

If you have a hydraulic clutch, you may want to look for a specialized valve that allows the clutch engagement to be less severe.

If you have upgraded axles, a stronger clutch and more HP then the weaker link will be the transmission. There are shops that will replace the ball bearing with a needle style bearing that supports the shafts in the transmission. this makes them a little more stable and take loads/shock loads a little better.

Jacks transmissions was once a website you could go to and order rebuilt import trannys.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
driving style could have something to do with that. i broke 3 transmissions in my crx dx that made around 80 hp at the flywheel, mainly because i beat the living shit out of it. when you start to put double and triple the power through it your gonna have to be a little easier with the left foot

also if your using a clutch with an unsprung hub you might want to go back to a sprung hub

1 - 4 of 4 Posts