Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You will not believe the troubles I have had. Sorry that this is incredibly long....

I bought a 94 LS, but during test drives I felt some resistance to shifting when I was in higher RPMs...It wasn't too bad, but after I got it home it got exponentially worse. Its nearly impossible to downshift, and shifting above 4k RPMs is inconsistent. And then about 2 weeks after having the car, the clutch pedal would be really hard to push in. It feels like pushing on a tennis ball or something. The clutch actually isn't dis-engaginging at this point. So I bring the car back to the dealer under the automatic 30 day warranty to have it fixed. They were incredibly apprehensive to do anything for me. (from reading lots of back posts, I figure my synchros were bad, and who knows what else, which basically means new tranny for me...)

Well, they kept the car for 3 weeks and claimed they put a rebuilt tranny in. Guess what? Same trouble as before. I don't think they did anything (any way to tell???). Today I thought I was gonna have to pull over on the freeway because I couldn't get into gear. So, I'm basically SOL for getting anything done under warranty. I was wondering what I should do. This car will be a daily car with autocrossing duties too. Should I just drive the transmission into the ground, or will that have bad repercussions on other parts of the car? And where can I get a better tranny somewhere near Minneapolis? I'm doing the work myself too.

Thanks a lot. This problem blows my mind....

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Bring it back to the dealer and explain to them the symptoms again...and this time test drive the car with them. Let them see first hand your troubles and what problems still exist after they apparently said they fixed it.

Junkyards carry trannys...ls goes for 300-500 bucks. Any b-series tranny will work with your engine.You might want to check out some auto auctions or Ads around your city too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts