Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 crx si with a dohc zc motor. Second gear grinds almost every time I shift into it. I thought it was just a bad clutch, so I got an act clutch, soon to be installed. If that doesn't fix it, then I know its bad sychros. What transmission do you guys recomend getting for my zc??

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you give me my options for each of those?

· Registered
184 Posts
Well the best tranny for the ZC is the ZC tranny with the si final drive. I would bet that your 2nd gear syncro is going. I seems to be very common in the si tranny especialy if it has a lot of miles on it and you drive it hard. My friends now grinds in 3 as well and she has to shift before 3,000 rpms for a smooth ride. Sucks. I would look into a rebuild or find another tranny but you could just run into the same problems. If you rebuild you know it will be nice and strong. I don't think the clutch is going to help it very well might. Make sure that you clutch cable isn't to tight you want it loose like the throttle cable. Or it will keep constant pressure on you clutch causeing the scratch when you shift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.