Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rebuilt my motor and installed a stage 3 clutch. I finally got it all running right but when i depress the clutch pedal it wont go into gear as if i hadnt pressed the clutch at all. I replaceed the flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing and throwout bearing. the release cylinder is moving all the way and the clutch line is air free it feels really springy. other then that when the clutch is about halfway down it feels like its vibrating a slight bit. if i put the car into gear and start it the wheels turn but if i pull it out of that gear i cant get it back in or into any other. what could i have done wrong ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have bled and rebled, im quite confident theres no air ... when i watch the release fork it does move when the clutch is pressed maybe it doesnt move enough? i was thinking i installed the throwout bearing incorrectly. as in its not pressing hard enough against the fingers of the pressure plate.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
gflexxx said:
other then that when the clutch is about halfway down it feels like its vibrating a slight bit.
This happened to me after I replaced my clutch, but it shifted normally. A few months later, I had to replace a bearing in the tranny, so I replaced the throwout bearing and lubricated it using the proper high temp urea grease while the tranny was out. Afterwards, the vibration was gone. It could be that your clutch fork is not making proper contact with the throwout bearing. There would be pressure in the clutch, but you would be unable to shift. You can check whether this is the problem by removing the slave clutch cylinder and looking through the opening with a flashlight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i reinstalled my tranny everything was lined up perfectly on the inside. i tried prying the fork with a prybar and i heard it sound ilke it released (the car is not startable at the moment) so im going to with a new slave cylinder right now and compare movement to the movement i made with the prybar. if i do get it runnable ill run the same test is this a good idea? maybe see if i can get it to shift using a prybar when it is running....

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
gflexxx said:
i reinstalled my tranny everything was lined up perfectly on the inside. i tried prying the fork with a prybar and i heard it sound ilke it released (the car is not startable at the moment) so im going to with a new slave cylinder right now and compare movement to the movement i made with the prybar. if i do get it runnable ill run the same test is this a good idea? maybe see if i can get it to shift using a prybar when it is running....
Get a flashlight and take a picture of the fork and bearing if you can. There are two little arms in the throwout bearing that should be holding into the two forks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bad clutch kit

so i took off the pressure plate and saw that nothing had ever moved. the flywheel had 6 marks on it from where the 6 puck clutch had just been sitting meaning it hadnt released at all. the throwout bearing is pressing the pressure plate in the right spot, so i put it all back together and operated the fork by prybar. i pried the fork all the way and the car would still not release the gear. so now im assuming its a bad clutch kit (an XTD stage 3 i got off ebay) guess at this point i can assume its a bad clutch kit and go get a new one :mad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.