Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I have been searching but cant seem to find the answera i'm looking for.Also the the whole mini-me thing everything i've read is based on 96+ not the 92-95 eg also aturbo setup for the d15b7, I found quite a bit of helpful info on homemadeturbo.com, If any body has any other resources I could check that would be great. Thanks I,ve been searching not just on here but all over the net. I'll go put my [email protected]#$in' flame suit on now since im a noob to honda.

·
Registered
478 Posts
don put the flame suit on.

try out SOHCHonda.com before you ever go get flamed on H-T.

homemadeturbo and this site are very good resources for information, allthough HMT will sometimes get a bit of ahead of themselves in giving "newbies" directions(IMO)

anyways, i actualy JUST DID the 92-95 "Mini-me" swap on my 4dr with the D15b7. I have to say that the term "mini" is very misleading to this project. IT took a lot of time and patience and some good cash in order to do it CORRECTLY.

Thats the key word with it, anyone can slap the parts on and have a "mini me" but it wont run worth a damn.

As far as your question goes about the transmissions, if you are even thinking about trying to get performance from this engine at all then the trans swap is your FIRST item on the MUST DO list.

its worthless to even try to get decent numbers from the DX econobox.

if down the road you want to do the mini-me vtec head swap on the D15, youll HAVE to have the proper transmission to extract the acceleration numbers that the new head/block combo is capable of giving. The Mini-me motor is actualy WEAKER on low end compared to the stock D15b7, that means you need to have the closer ratio trans and final drive of the EX/Si unit.

im in the process of writing the all encompassing mini me article, i probably wont be done until next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.