Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to upgrade my tranny.I have a 93 lx sadan and I was wondering what trannys woud be good that the stock block could hook up with without problems.I was thinking of a ex tranny cause it would be the cheapest to get and they are not to hard to find.Would there be any benefits from that?

·
Registered
908 Posts
An EX transmission for your car is probably one of the most beneficial things you can do. In fact, I should be doing that for my '92 DX before the mini-me but I really just want to get it out of the way for everything else.

You will notice a huge difference in acceleration with a slight drop in gas mileage.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what kindof benifits will I get from this?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
faster accelation is the only benefit you'll get. you cruising mpg will drop very slightly... but that's not really a benefit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will an ls tranny fit?O'yeah and I could get some h&r lowering springs off ebay for $169 shiped.The front is 2.5" and the rear is 2.25".I know it will scrape but im a cruiser not a racer.What do you guys think about 16" rims,15" 00 si's, or the 15" 00 gsr blades.Those are the choices I want to go with.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will an ls tranny fit?O'yeah and I could get some h&r lowering springs off ebay for $169 shiped.The front is 2.5" and the rear is 2.25".I know it will scrape but im a cruiser not a racer.What do you guys think about 16" rims(rota's),15" 00 si's, or the 15" 00 gsr blades.Those are the choices I want to go with.

Sorry for the double post :eek:

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
no an ls tranny will not fit.

rule of thumb, (sometimes, almost always) d series works with dseries, b series works with b series and so on... (f series sort of works with h series...)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So what do you think about the lowering springs?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
you will need shocks as well, as your stock shocks will blow soon after lowering, especially on that old of a car.

good brands people go with are koni or kyb...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.