Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i have a '96 honda civic hatchback that i just recently am reconstructing...When replacing the airbags i followed my buddies directions (he done one not long ago and everything worked fine) and unhooked the battery pulled old bags and module out...replaced with the good bags that both came from the same car and then reconnected the battery....This is when my buddy said his car just flashed the SRS light 4 times and then went out....Well mine didn't flash and it stayed on...So i unhooked the battery and then checked the fuse...fuse was blown so i replaced it waited about a half hour even then hooked battery back up and the light still stays on....I know that there is a trick to gettin the light off having to do with just jumping a wire in the computer plug in just under the steering column where a scan tool plugs into....I know this cause i had a '98 hatchback civic that i also reconstructed a few years ago but it didn't blow the bags, rather the SRS fuse had been pulled in order to haul the vehicle...So i took it to a guy i know and he is the one that read in his book how to do the trick to get the light off and it worked....Again we didn't have to use a computer scan tool....The guy that did this isn't around town anymore or i would just take this one back to him again....So my question after all this is....Would anyone on here happen to know this trick? Cause around here its like $80 bux to take to the dealer to have the light turned off....And i can't see paying that knowing that it can be done for nothing....Sorry this was so long....Any help is greatly appreciated....Thanks!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.